• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Klim Badlands

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
I know this is a silly question, but I will try anyway. I am looking for input here... Ok, so I bought a pair of new Klim Badlands pants and just love them, they are fantastic.

So now I bought two sizes of the jacket, XL and 2XL.

The XL seems to fit too tight and the 2XL is too large. If I have the cuffs wide open and let my arms hang down to my sides the cuffs go down to my knuckles. I can Velcro the cuffs and get the sleeves back to where they belong but they try to push down, I am worried over time and as the Velcro loosens up they may really start to get in the way.

The XL really isn't an option, the neck is so tight it chokes me when I try sitting on the bike.

I guess my questions is overall am I better off going a bit too large learning to live with it, or should I go a bit too small expecting the parts to loosen up a bit over time...

Yes I should loose weight and fit into the XL

Ah, I can still send both jackets back at no cost to me...

Keep the XL since you signed up for your new "Hot Yoga" program and will be looking svelte in no time :sun:

Maybe I should practice picking up the AT, that should help too...

Finger crossed, have had to do that yet!

:tab My jacket sleeve comes about to my first set of knuckles on the hands, so I have to push it back up as well. That just leaves more room for my arm to move around freely. I would not worry about the Velcro wearing out. Mine is three years old and it still works great. Worst case scenario you could have someone put a snap on the sleeve/strap to hold the strap where it normally sits with the Velcro. I wish they had done that with the little straps that hold the collar open at the shoulders (they added it AFTER I bought my jacket).

Scott, thank you so much for the info. I know we spent some time together in J.C. and even went to dinner with you still in you "lightly musty" Badlands, if you had not mentioned that your jacket would go to your first knuckle I would have never thought that, it didn't appear too large.

With that said, I will keep the 2XL (I am a big guy after all) and ship back the XL (for credit that I really need after having to purchase 2 just to find the 1 I wanted)

I do need to try another test sit on the bike, the darn front D3O chest protection isn't trivial and tends to make the entire jacket feel like a coat of arms from ancient times. My hope is that some of this becomes more flexible as time goes by, a few washes, etc.

I ordered the H20 bladder for fun and realized if you fill it with water and the way it installs inside of the jacket, there isn't room for me, the jacket and the water. My old Camel Pack is save and sound knowing I wont be replacing it anytime soon.

:tab When I sit on the bikes, the jacket puffs out a bit between the neck and gut. I guess that is because of the chest protector. I never notice it. The only reason I realized it was because of a few profile shots of me sitting on the bikes from a few recent trips. It makes me look like I have a huge gut, when it fact I don't :trust: It never bothers me when riding while sitting and is a total non issue when standing. I wear an external water backpack as well. A slight down side to that is that it cuts down on the air flow over the back a little when it is hot. It is not enough that it bothers me though. On the KTM, it is a non issue because I get so much wind flow because of the small screen. The big screen on the GS can make me get hot regardless of the back pack.

Back