• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

It appears that I am another victim of a clogged filter! I did previously clean the filter by spraying it throughly with carb cleaner. Glancing down the tiny hole, everything appeared clean. However, this last time, I soaked the entire filter housing in carb cleaner in a spaghetti jar for over 24 hours! Taking it out often to shake the jar and blow out screen with compressed air. Holding it up to a back-light, I can still see dark areas that just won't come clean. Well, I put it back together yesterday to check for improvement. I only rode it about 30 miles, but it revved up fine and acceleration is back, baby! Fingers crossed for long-term success. I will be using injector cleaner on a regular schedule to keep filter clean

I use Techron also, not in every tank full, but often enough I guess. Also run, not at the same time, Seafoam. no problems yet. 2007 bandit.

I went with the Angel GTs also on my last set. At 10K miles the front is getting that ridge due to the hard compound in the middle. But. every multi compound tire I've tried had them in that range. Think the GT's were the 8th set of tires I've put on this bike in it's 85,000 miles. I'm not decided on my next brand either, I'll have to study the latest tires to make up my mind. The one's I used 5 to 8 yrs ago have improved lots since then.
Ive tried all sorts of tires,4K is the outside limit,what can be done?

I never got less than 8K on the tires and better now. But, I'm an old touring rider and very seldom ever push the limits of my tires or my limits also.

I only got about 500 miles so far on this thing due to weather so Is the high beam the low bulb or top bulb? I rode at night for the first time and I get the feeling mine is backwards

thanks
z

I found its correct once i spent more time on this site.

for the sake of more meaningful post I was more than disappointed with the front end. it was doing all kinds of strange things from odd turn in, pulsating, to handlebar shake. I replaced the front wheel bearings, front tire, front rotors, and racetech front springs and am glad to say that fixed most of it, but i found the main fork nut was not tightened to spec (when i did springs) so that fixed the remainder of the problem

well zeronine, glad you got her fixed!
both bulbs are H7. A lot of poor front-end performance can be attributed to the tire. tire pressure is critical. if you're going to do all the work on your bandit i suggest a factory repair manual. Some of us were able to find it at low to no cost by searching for it on the web. good luck!

well zeronine, glad you got her fixed!
both bulbs are H7. A lot of poor front-end performance can be attributed to the tire. tire pressure is critical. if you're going to do all the work on your bandit i suggest a factory repair manual. Some of us were able to find it at low to no cost by searching for it on the web. good luck!

I have a link to the factory manual if you need it. PM me.

Surprise Surprise. Since I have to stay off my two bikes due to open heart surgery for a few months, I've been keeping them on Battery Tenders and running them about every two weeks till the fan comes on.
Yesterday, I go in the shop and shut off the KLR and fan still running big time as is suppose to. Go to the garage next door for the 07 Bandit and it's not running anymore. Hmmmmmm. Go to restart it and not enough battery with being down for ???? with the lights on. So, back on the Tender ( I disconnect for running ) and give it a few hours. Come back by and it starts and dies as soon as I give it the gas. Hmmmmmmmmm Gas gauge showing at least a half gallon plus as they are not both blinking. hmmmmmmm . But, I get the gas can I keep for the power equipment about the garage and dump about a half gallon in Suzy's tank. Then start it again. Bingo! Runs like a champ. I guess sitting for the last 2 months on the centerstand and not moving not good for accurate gas gauge readings. But, all is good in my MC world at present, again.

Surprise Surprise. Since I have to stay off my two bikes due to open heart surgery for a few months, I've been keeping them on Battery Tenders and running them about every two weeks till the fan comes on.
Yesterday, I go in the shop and shut off the KLR and fan still running big time as is suppose to. Go to the garage next door for the 07 Bandit and it's not running anymore. Hmmmmmm. Go to restart it and not enough battery with being down for ???? with the lights on. So, back on the Tender ( I disconnect for running ) and give it a few hours. Come back by and it starts and dies as soon as I give it the gas. Hmmmmmmmmm Gas gauge showing at least a half gallon plus as they are not both blinking. hmmmmmmm . But, I get the gas can I keep for the power equipment about the garage and dump about a half gallon in Suzy's tank. Then start it again. Bingo! Runs like a champ. I guess sitting for the last 2 months on the centerstand and not moving not good for accurate gas gauge readings. But, all is good in my MC world at present, again.

Will keep you in our prayers for successful surgery. Heal fast and well!

A friend just helped me inspect the valve clearances on my 2007 Bandit with 31K Miles. It was the first time they have been done (way overdue) but all were pretty close to the center of the specified range. He said it was the first time he'd ever done a bike that didn't require adjustment.:clap:

A friend just helped me inspect the valve clearances on my 2007 Bandit with 31K Miles. It was the first time they have been done (way overdue) but all were pretty close to the center of the specified range. He said it was the first time he'd ever done a bike that didn't require adjustment.:clap:

I've checked mine twice before 80,000.

MY mechanic said don't waste his time again unless something happens :clap:

:rider:

88,000 actual miles on my 07 Bandit. Sync the throttles at 10,000. Never went through the work of checking valve clearance as never heard of that engine needing adjustment.

Back in the saddle again after a 3 month layoff. Felt so good, felt so right! But, North wind plus shirt pushing against healing breastbone at 65 mph , uncomfortable, to say the least.
But really did enjoy the 45 mile round trip about the contryside. Even washed the bike due to attacking bugs when returned to the garage.
Worst thing about bypass surgery on the heart is the time healing and restrictions on what you can and can't do. Pushing it only retarts healing. Dan't ask me how I know. ;-)

Back in the saddle again after a 3 month layoff. Felt so good, felt so right! But, North wind plus shirt pushing against healing breastbone at 65 mph , uncomfortable, to say the least.
But really did enjoy the 45 mile round trip about the contryside. Even washed the bike due to attacking bugs when returned to the garage.
Worst thing about bypass surgery on the heart is the time healing and restrictions on what you can and can't do. Pushing it only retarts healing. Dan't ask me how I know. ;-)
Well done!always healthy!

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A310F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Awesome!!!

Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery. :chug:

Good to hear you are doing well and out and about on bikes some. Ive had a new knee put in 1.5 years ago,and a collarbone plated for 3 months due to a crash in Baja,and a knee arthroscopy before that.
Im back on the KTM300 working on and riding trails.

Got out for a ride today after setting the sag. Will need fork springs.
8b2fdbcf95fccff1a3ba011e15c718fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got out for a ride today after setting the sag. Will need fork springs.

Ah a front guard extender, I've got one sitting in my garage; how difficult was it to attach?

On a separate note, I got out for a ride the other day & the local photographer was on my route:
18157828_1150639615065562_9156248652221514930_n.jpg

I really don't know, it was installed when I bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah a front guard extender, I've got one sitting in my garage; how difficult was it to attach?

On a separate note, I got out for a ride the other day & the local photographer was on my route:
18157828_1150639615065562_9156248652221514930_n.jpg
Those fenda extendas work and look great,but they have been known to abandon ship never to be seen again. The peel and stick mount isnt always perfect. I drilled 3 holes and used 3 small pop rivets to attach the fender extender on my Bandit.(as is done on bike in pic above)

Last edited:
Back