• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GS can do!

I rode pillion on a Harley once...(once! Lol) It didn't seem to matter when the guy shifted. Seemed to me he just shifted whenever he felt like it. Or wanted to hear the engine's pitch change. I dunno...

Pictures like this remind me how weak my riding skills are.

Attachments

• thumbnail_Screenshot_20171003-054426.jpg
    thumbnail_Screenshot_20171003-054426.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 207
Pictures like this remind me how weak my riding skills are.

What you don't see are the out takes, the 15-20 times he did that same corner and it didn't look that pretty ;-)

I love watching out take vids for the hard core extreme enduro stuff. For the regular videos, they look perfect because all the crashes are edited out and you just see the runs that went perfect. The out take vids show all the failed attempts before they got it perfect. Even the best riders fall down and get to wrong. Somehow... that makes me feel just a little better :-P

Best stuff

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1508765358235.jpg
    FB_IMG_1508765358235.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 188
Amazing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171025-055613.jpg
    Screenshot_20171025-055613.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 187
It is truly amazing what a very small subset of talented GS riders can and are willing to do on these big bikes.

I had the pleasure of attending Ribfest 2017 last weekend in Centerville TN. It is put on by the BMW Owners of Nashville Assoc and the GS Giants group is very prominent there. World class riders present, past and present women's GS Trophy competitors and Tom Asher who recently attempted the TN Knockout Extreme Enduro on a GS.

A trials competition and a short off road course with a huge mud bog was held.
Hope this link works for some photos.
https://www.facebook.com/search/str/gs+giants+ribfest+2017/photos-keyword

_
5d4f14dc722aa6717c2b7c934f6f9261.jpg
9eec29ddd997e35ff59591a0dd3c25b3.jpg

ADV bikes can go just about anywhere with the right talent behind the bars, a few freinds to help you in a jam, and the willingness to not care what it looks like when it gets to the other side!

" the willingness to not care what it looks like when it gets to the other side"

Hard for me to do at +20,000$! lol

" the willingness to not care what it looks like when it gets to the other side"

Hard for me to do at +20,000$! lol

But it does get easier with each stratch, dent or broken bit. If you make an early commitment to keep the bike for a long period of ownership then not as hard either. But if you typically cycle through bikes yearly or so then a tough depreciation pill to swallow. (hint..hint..Lol)

But it does get easier with each stratch, dent or broken bit. If you make an early commitment to keep the bike for a long period of ownership then not as hard either. But if you typically cycle through bikes yearly or so then a tough depreciation pill to swallow. (hint..hint..Lol)

Know me too well, of course I don't have the 20+G BMW either. And I've had the 800 2 years now, pretty good for me.

But in all seriousness I don't have the guts to bust a 500
# bike over a log like the picture above. That could go real badly for someone!

But in all seriousness I don't have the guts to bust a 500
# bike over a log like the picture above. That could go real badly for someone!

That guy is top notch talent though so most are subpar to his skills and form. Past or maybe present GS Trophy Cup competitor. I saw him wheelie that bike farther than I could throw a baseball. I believe his name is Matt Kelly.

I was wondering who that guy might be. I checked some other FB pages and was looking through their pics for that event and he was prominent in a LOT of them!

That's a lot of furniture. One confused deer or hunter and ...

Totally agree, I get nervous at 40mph on the narrow dirt roads. Like I said, don't recommend it, just sharing. Was out yesterday going a little faster than I'm comfortable with, was watching the grass more than the road. Deer are moving this time of year for sure.

hmmm

Attachments

• 23755731_1501814739902191_5791579330749504100_n.jpg
    23755731_1501814739902191_5791579330749504100_n.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 173
Borrowed this from advrider.com

"BMW GS's are like hammers. They last forever.

Sometimes you replace the handle, sometimes you replace the head. But, they last forever."

Lol

_

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Back