• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where to find helmets

wczimmerman

The ORIGINAL Pie Man
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I am located in Temple and I'm looking for the nearest places where I can compare the following helmets:

1. Shark (RSI)
2. Scorpion (700 series)
3. KBC (Force RR)

I am in the market for a new helmet and I've narrowed my search down to those 3 but I need to try them on to get the right size and make sure that they are comfortable on my head. Any recommendations?

I know Woods Fun Center has all of those.

Cycle Gear should also carry them, too.

But those both might be a bit too far for you.

I hadn't thought of Woods. I wonder how much the markup might be on them there? According to the website, CycleGear does carry all three so I might just be making a trip down there.

wczimmerman said:
I hadn't thought of Woods. I wonder how much the markup might be on them there? According to the website, CycleGear does carry all three so I might just be making a trip down there.

Woods stocks everything at MSRP or less, so estimate that.

When I went to Cycle Gear recently, I don't recall seeing any Shark helmets, which is why I said it was a maybe. However, I didn't look at the street helmets very attentively, so take that at face value.

Have to say that I've been REALLY pleased with the Scorpion I bought at the Int'l Motorcycle Show in Ft. Worth two years ago. Fits me well, good components and is holding up great considering the abuse I put my gear through. Heckuva deal on it, too...$120. I had an Arai before and while I can tell some difference in quality, certainly not $400-500 worth.

Best of luck on your search.

Called Cycle Gear in Austin and they have all of the KBC's, 2 Sharks and none of the Scorpions in stock. They can order a Scorpion, but since I'm in Temple, I'm not really thrilled with making 2 trips to Austin. I might make a trip down there next week since I have to be in Georgetown for a safety inspection for the bike anyway. I don't know...CTPS carries several of the KBC's, too but I really want to try on a couple of the others to make sure I get the best fitting helmet. Up to now I've always purchased the low cost (Z1R, Bell, etc) type helmets and now I'm interested in going up a bit in quality and cost. I'm not interested in a $400-900 Shoei or Arai, but these I've listed seem to fit my expected price range.

Motoliberty in Dallas had a big Scorpion display the last time I was there. I've bought a couple of Scorpions from them. I think they have the biggest selection of Scorpions in the DWF area. Come to Dallas, get a helmet and drive by for a look at the new Cowboy stadium. Thats the ticket.:trust:

Back