• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2012 - A Year In Dirt

Reaction score
I logged all of my rides last year in a spreadsheet. I was surprised by the total number of miles I managed. Here are my numbers:

By far the most ridden place for me was Zars Ranch leased by the DBSA. I've been a member since May 2011.
44 rides totaling approx 1,030 miles
(disclaimer - I didn't log the mileage for the first 10 rides so I took the rest, threw out the hi & lo figure and used that average). I also had 2 workdays but didn't include those. Average ride was about 23 miles.

MX Class in Brookshire - about 30 miles
SLAP 2012 Rally from the ADV forum (DS) - 593 miles
CTOR ride - 35 miles
Lake City Colorado for vacation (DS) - 650 miles
Goertz Ranch ride - 31 miles

My longest single day in the saddle was a 313 mile day on the WR when up in AR for the SLAP Rally. Total miles on the dirt or dual sport riding, 2,369. Not a bad year. I would have considered this pretty low if I was still riding on the street where the shortest ride is about 200 miles. The SLAP & Colorado trips were on the WR and the rest were on the CR. The WR trips were logged by a Garmin Zumo 550. All of my miles on the CR were logged by a Garmin Edge 500. The Edge 500 miles might be a little low because of the tight turns on Zars Ranch. Every time I rode with Sam my mileage was a little lower than what he gathered on his kaboom. Not a lot, but some.

My goal for 2013 is 52 rides at Zars and 3k total miles. :rider:

Anybody else have some they want to add?

Rode a bunch of those with you several other days at other rides, never really worry about the miles, I check them as often as I take ride photos;-)

Goals for 2013 is to spend more time on all three bikes, I rode the ZRX further today than all of 2012 combined.

Biggest goal is a few out of state trips, as well as getting to some new off road areas

Red River & Barnwell are two I want to hit soon

Ya'll can start by coming up and riding Crooked Creek with us on the 19th. or 20th.of this month:trust::lol2:

I want to wear out as many tires as I can!

I went through 4 rear tires and 2 front tires in 2012. 11,000+ miles with at least 10% of those miles true offroad and another 20-30% being Texas dual sport (gravel, dirt, sand CR and FS roads).

Great year for riding!

_

A year of change for me. I started riding motocross again in April of this year after several years riding dual sport & trails. I managed to get in about 30 different practice days on 6-7 different tracks. Even raced an event @ Rio Bravo & had a blast. Looking forward to more of the same in 2013.

Carl if ya'll want to come up on the 19th. let me know and will start trying to round up a few more riders, and come up with a place to meet when ya'll come through Temple:thumb:

Carl if ya'll want to come up on the 19th. let me know and will start trying to round up a few more riders, and come up with a place to meet when ya'll come through Temple:thumb:

Sounds like a plan Big A. Buddy & I are working out the details. Give us an exit number and we'll meet you there Saturday morning. I'll let you know what time we expect to roll soon. :rider:

Back