• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Best tire for the buck?

Pics? Tips? Advice?

Hmm... I bought two tire irons but now I'll have to add a third... :doh:
I bought "short" irons in an attempt to keep the tool kit small when traveling. Is there a huge disadvantage, or will they suffice (since I have to shop again anyway) ?

No pictures, since I was doing the job solo.

I just watched the video that Clark posted up, and went at it. I really think the baby powder tip helps getting the tube back into place.

I wouldn't say having shorter tire iron is a HUGE disadvantage... but there is going to be some. With a larger tire iron, you'll work less, and get more done.

After the first tire I was thinking it would be easier and worth the $40 or $50 just to have a shop do the job, but after the second tire... I changed my mind on that opinion. :rider:

Last thing, plan to kill a tube the first time you do a tire change...
Luckily, I didn't do any damage to either tube, even though I tried using a chizel, and a huge flat-head screwdriver in place of the third tire iron. But I could see how it could easily happen.

You just have to be patient, and take baby bites with the tire irons.

Back