• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Camping Friday night at Aaron’s place in Olney Friday night Oct 5

misterk

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Fall is in the air. @maximus_flavius ranch in Olney Friday night Oct 5th. Bring your supper or eat before you come.

We will post coordinates shortly. It is about 5 miles from Olney

Last edited:
Re: Camping Friday night at Arron’s place in Olney Friday night Sept 28

Per Aaron,

20 miles north of Graham on Hwy 16 is the ghost town of Markley. Go West on FM 1769 4.5 miles to Cottonwood Rd. Follow north about 1,500 ft & there’s a road to the right (east) that leads to a nice size tank with good oak trees.

There’s a lot of good dirt roads from Jacksboro. If we had lunch there, it’s a good run 90% dirt.

All kindsa good dirt roads up there. Garvey Ranch Rd, RX Ranch Rd, all over. Pretty much can ride to Newcastle/Olney on dirt.

So let’s meet at Herds burger @ 1:30 in Jacksboro.

Here is he place, Aaron will cook breakfast Saturday morning!!

Marked Locationhttps://maps.apple.com/?address=Loving%20TX%2076460,%20United%20States&ll=33.377119,-98.516257&q=Marked%20Location&_ext=EiQpodl1b0WwQEAxMNXMWgqhWMA5odl1b0WwQEBBMNXMWgqhWMAitgFodHRwczovL21hcHMuYXBwbGUuY29tLz9hZGRyZXNzPUxvdmluZywlMjBUWCUyMCUyMDc2NDYwLCUyMFVuaXRlZCUyMFN0YXRlcyZsbD0zMy4zNzcxMTksLTk4LjUxNjI1NyZxPU1hcmtlZCUyMExvY2F0aW9uJl9leHQ9RWlRcDB4NUtZN21rUUVBeERKaW9ZZk9uV01BNVFONU9aczY3UUVCQmNXZzVWaUdhV01BJTNEJnQ9bQ%3D%3D

b0e500a69bdb39e8caf9dad064457110.jpg

Re: Camping Friday night at Aaron’s place in Olney Friday night Sept 28

:popcorn:

Can I get some advice on being a noob cattle rancher if I come up?

Lots of truth in that statement.

You sure can! Bring lotsa money.

It’s like one of the owners of a race team said,” if you want to retire in this business as a millionaire, you need to start with more than that”.

Anyone riding up from the austin area on Friday with huge saddlebags I can fill with money to get cattle advice from the pro?

Anyone riding up from the austin area on Friday with huge saddlebags I can fill with money to get cattle advice from the pro?

No need for that. A double dip cone, a BnB Sourdough CB or a Herdsburger will get you all the advice you need.

Change of dates......Friday oct 5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dang. I was just going to go change my tranny fluid and final drive fluid for tomorrow's ride, just because I love to change fluids on everything I own fanatically. Now the wifey will put me to work instead.

I need to share rule number 1 of the cattle business with our visiting friends. So far I have just my wife doing all the work herself :-)

Can’t make it, but Aaron, what’s your last name, I grew up out there on 1768

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can’t make it, but Aaron, what’s your last name, I grew up out there on 1768

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aaron’s last name is not his real last name, he is in the federal witness protection program. Part of his cover story is his family goes back 5 generations in Graham.

We may have to move this shindig to my ranch south of Graham, with the bunkhouse. I keep thinkin about primitive camping, & just thinkin about the mosquitos & chiggers has me itchy......

We may have to move this shindig to my ranch south of Graham, with the bunkhouse. I keep thinkin about primitive camping, & just thinkin about the mosquitos & chiggers has me itchy......

Chiggers suck. I have not had any on the new farm yet, while wandering around in the grass, thank God. Used to get them once a year in the backyard in Hutto, and I'd be bloodied for 2 months with 15 bites/leg each time. I guess it is was one of those welcome to Texas moments, "I know you have never heard of chiggers or fire ants before", and have never owned a lawn where you could be harmed previously if you move from the west. I may just need to travel to Big Bend soon to assure a chigger free camp site, and a 1300 mile round trip. I can probably even convince my wife on the concept for a hall pass, just by the word chiggers :-)

Just spooned on a new TKC80, and I’m an oil change away from joining you guys. So, is it bunk house or tent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmmmm ... Is this a big bike thing?
Dual sport thing?
How much pavement?
How long of a ride?

If there is still room, I was thinking of dragging along mini-me in order to get some seat time.

Back