• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EZ TAG account not charged on Toll Rds

Reaction score
I checked my transaction history in our EZ tag account, and appears my bike is not being charged. But I don't use the EZ tag on it either, so at least on the Tyler Loop 49 the tag number is not being read. No violation history either.

Anyone else getting a free pass?

I have an easy tag on my leadwing and use it every day on the toll roads to go to the office and I have not yet been charged once (in almost a year). I can't believe it, but I guess the goldwing is not triggering the easytag reader! Not that I am complaining, it saves me ~$5 a day!!

Gary

I got an invoice for a toll violation from almost 11 years ago. I couldn't believe it. It was for Harris county (Tomball). I haven't owned that particular car since 2008, but I was able to pull the paperwork together to show I had not yet purchased the car at the time of the violation. I might have been test driving it; who knows, but talk about something coming up out of the blue!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I recently received a citation in the mail from the Dallas area. It had a very blurry rear end view of a motorcycle attached to it. When I called and told them I hadn't been there for at least 10 years, they sounded skeptical. After I pointed out that I lived In Richards, not Richardson, they blew the photo up to mega size. It turned out the violator's bike sported a X for the second digit and mine is a K. I guess the screening computer has some error reading the non payers. Could be the tag reader misses bikes, triggering the violator camera.
All that said, I wouldn't spend the money on something else. They may dig deeper, figure out who to charge... it may take a few months. Mine was from February and I was notified in April. Gotta love technology. RH

I checked my transaction history in our EZ tag account, and appears my bike is not being charged. But I don't use the EZ tag on it either, so at least on the Tyler Loop 49 the tag number is not being read. No violation history either.

Did you update your account to show the new plate number???? IIRC you've had that transponder since old yeller.......

Did you update your account to show the new plate number???? IIRC you've had that transponder since old yeller.......

Yep, new plate on record. Interesting. I wonder if the camera software is getting a plate image. The system is definitely not working because I'm not getting charged. Our taxes at work... ha

Last edited:
Wait.
They'll find you when it's least convenient.
Worse: they claim they sent you several mails and then you get a bill for a buncha money - fees and fines. Been there dunnit.
Never met folks so obstinate - you'd think it was their piggy bank.

I was carrying the little plastic box in a pouch behind the windshield on the Harley due to the Velcro strips coming off of the windshield. Checked my activity a few weeks after I had been on Beltway 8 on the east side of Houston and the new stretch of 99 from Baytown to I10, there were no charges. The license plate on the Harley is tucked up under the Tourpack and not sure if their cameras can pick it up. I've since put some Velcro tywraps on the cover of one of the pouches and slide the plastic box tag under them when I know I'm going on a toll road; it reads there just fine. Guess I'll get some kind of retro bill in the future for those it didn't catch.

I got an invoice for a toll violation from almost 11 years ago. I couldn't believe it. It was for Harris county (Tomball). I haven't owned that particular car since 2008, but I was able to pull the paperwork together to show I had not yet purchased the car at the time of the violation. I might have been test driving it; who knows, but talk about something coming up out of the blue!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

The toll road in tomball didn't open till a couple years ago .

No what i get is still pail by mail even though I have TxTag on bike, truck and both mustangs
Just got off an infuriating call with MSB and TxTag... thier position, not thier problem, if it works great we will charge your account the lower amount, if it does not, oh well, we will bill you for the larger amount and a service charge. Sir you have no recourse, its' not out problem if the system did not wor.

That conversation which was recorded is going to my congressmen today, its a scam, and Im pissed.

Back