• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Black Tiger followed me home

Jbay

Reaction score
Grrrr

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 221
I have to say thanks to Georgetown Power sports, in sales Robert and owner Steve

Last edited:
Good choice!

I came close to getting one a few years ago. I love the engine and ergonomics.

RB

How do the older tigers compare to the 1050 in handling and torque? Anybody got experience with both?

For all practical purposes not much difference between the 06 and 07

I had over 30,000 mile on a 07 blue (which is a faster color) Tiger 1050. It had a 17in front tire and used the Pilot Road 2. The front end was soft. It had more top end.

The 06 black Tiger has a 19in front and has a Tourance Next but Ill try a TKC later for gravel roads. The front end is maybe stiff which I don't mind. Not as much top end but you can grab a handful of torque up to 80mph.

If you sit on both bikes you cant tell the difference, The 06 has an extra gallon of gas and maybe a better screen and less constricted stock pipe, so it growls better!!!

A lot of that stuff can be changed on either bike. Both are great

Back