• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

NY Crush

stoopid, stoopid. Why not at least part them out. Make some high school work program out of it. Inmate rehab/halfway house job.

Holy crap Batman. They should have auctioned them off to decrease New Yorks mountain of debt. Parted them out on Ebay like Tracker mentioned,any solution above would be better than running them over with a dozer.

Last edited:
:lol2: their going to take your guns and your dirt bikes at the same time . better keep watching the news 24-7 so you know when the are coming down 237 :trust:

No need to confiscate the bikes, just register all of them and limit the fuel tank size.

What a bunch of morons, here we are in more debt than at any time in history and they are destroying bikes that could have been sold for significant amount of money. And people wonder why no-one trusts the government or official bodies?? I just despair..

Gary

What a bunch of morons, here we are in more debt than at any time in history and they are destroying bikes that could have been sold for significant amount of money. And people wonder why no-one trusts the government or official bodies?? I just despair..

Gary

Exactly what I was saying. Especially New York which I am sure owes more than a couple bucks of debt. Why would anyone with even the smallest brain waste a chance to earn money for their state?

How about the collection of these bikes and ATVS? That is another issue all in itself. How about a fine as opposed to a no deposit no return policy? They all had to run to be caught riding them on the street. Makes no sense to me at all. Seems like a stiff penalty for street riding a dirt bike.

Wonder what they do in NY with jaywalkers?:eek2:
https://youtu.be/3A3iNVaLod4

Last edited:
Bottom line... they did it because they could, and don't you forget it.

In NYC the trash truck drivers make over $100k a year, it would cost to much to pay someone to disassemble the bikes and a staff of people to run the eBay auctions.

Attachments

• fullkit.jpg
    fullkit.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 102
Too bad the bikes had to suffer for the sins of the owners. Maybe next time, crush the nitwit riders instead. :shrug:

It was a show of power and I just can't help but believe some non profit like our cars for kids would not have put them up for sale. Even from a recycling point, from an eco point, it is just a horrible thing to do.

Too bad the bikes had to suffer for the sins of the owners. Maybe next time, crush the nitwit riders instead. :shrug:

Ouch...............the taking of the bike was really a penalty above and beyond. A fine of say $100 bucks would have been better than taking of ones property. I bet a bunch of us have rode with expired tags or a YZ or KX for a quick blast around the block. Wonder how ruff they are on skate boarders?:hack:

Back