• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Jeff Hansen banged up

Wow... why are they keeping you so long?

To be rude, crude, and socially unacceptable, they might be keeping me because I haven't taken a dump yet. Stool softeners, laxatives and now on my second glass of prune juice over ice. I have a feeling that once I get "going", get out of my way as I walk to the bathroom. [emoji15]

At $10k a day/night, thats an expensive...... Well, you know. Hope you get sprung soon!

Had a visitor this afternoon. John aka jfink showed up. If he chimes in and its anything derogatory, its all lies. [emoji16]

I hope they have a seat belt on the toilet to prevent lift off when that stuff starts working.

Had a visitor this afternoon. John aka jfink showed up. If he chimes in and its anything derogatory, its all lies. [emoji16]

It's true, I stopped by. I'm not certain what you might be thinking Jeff? I would never say, that I could not tell there was anything out of place when I walked in. I would not tell anyone that you looked pretty relaxed and settled in, that you had your motorcycle magazines spread out on the bed. Why would I tell anyone that Kelly, that lovely woman, had gone and bought you a Starbucks coffee. Seems like you are getting a lot of special attention.

Sure, you showed me that bruise that went half way up your lower leg and explained there was a hole in your lung. I'm no doctor but I didn't see any grimacing or special breathing apparatus keeping you alive.

Hopefully, your ribs don't hurt when you chuckle. I'm thinking some smart doctor or nurse will recognize just how much you are enjoying this and will kick you out, soon. Glad to have seen you again, hopefully from here on out it will not be in a hospital room. Get well.

Oh, and I certainly hope that you haven't opened the door for more 'dump' stories.

Last edited:
Just saw this and glad that you're doing well. Too bad you won't get to break any records with your bike. Over110k so far as I recall. Bikes can be replaced but you can't. If you're still there tomorrow I may stop by just to give you trouble.

Just saw this and glad that you're doing well. Too bad you won't get to break any records with your bike. Over110k so far as I recall. Bikes can be replaced but you can't. If you're still there tomorrow I may stop by just to give you trouble.

Oh yeah, I forgot the most important part. Jeff showed me some pictures of the Harley. Looks like some damage on the front, the light bar and the crash bars. There were some miscellaneous parts that seemed not quite right, like may be a scratch on the exhaust but for the most part the crash bars did what they were supposed to do. Jeff was pretty sure they could rebuild it, it's just a question of the cost and will it exceed it's total value.

By the way Jeff, like I mentioned, if they do rebuild it and you need to go recover the bike, I will be back by the end of June, just drop a line.

Thanks John. I really appreciate the offers of help. I'm going to let the insurance folks do their thing and see what shakes out. Once I get out of here with some reliable wifi, I'll upload pics.

Joe ;-)

We'll chalk up the confusion to the drugs :-P

Hope things get moving soon... :uhoh:

Joe???? Oh, yeah that's me. And I haven't even had drugs, yet. Jeff told me he had called and talked to you after the accident. He said he considers us TWTexans as part of his extended family. I have met a few of you and have to think that is more of the drugs taking. :rofl:

Update from Casa del Hansen. I'm home!!! Eddirt showed up this morning for a visit. He did get to see some bruises. He said something about what has been seen that can not be unseen.. Ed helped carry stuff out to the car so thanks again Ed for that.
Stopped off at Woodlands HD to look at the bike. Not pretty but repairable? No clue. I'll wait and what the progressive guy says. Here are a couple of pictures taken by my daughter Lee earlier this week.

62F4A590-F76E-49DE-9748-D339C2AC51B1_zpsbusn8otf.jpg

Left side of bike looking forward to back
7C34F19E-18D9-4C03-A02D-B1704F2C758D_zpsiftoa3vz.jpg

Right side of the bike at the steer head
99C4E0DB-BB83-4EF8-8A14-8D09680432C4_zpsz4kyse2m.jpg

Right side of bike
7554FC31-78C5-4424-B1B6-D32F665EC047_zpsogxc0bh6.jpg

Helmet front view
6CA00100-4866-4426-B8B0-D7EB471ABA94_zpsorctqbsh.jpg

Left side view
AA16FADD-923E-46D5-9FC0-5BA6B4042C64_zpsi5cfcbtj.jpg

It is a HJC SYMAX III modular helmet. For those interested, the chin bar was down and locked at the time of the accident. It stayed locked. I will be getting another one.

This is a couple of day old picture of the bruise on the inside of my left leg below my knee. The doctors were amazed that I didn't break any bones there. I think they were amazed that I only broke ribs and my clavicle. I think that was By God Enough broken bones.
0E69C852-2F4B-4FA7-A489-9004C12ABE8A_zpswerusr0q.jpg

I'm thinking either the tank or the primary cover did the damage. I was wearing motorcycle boots with some protection for the calf area but like the docs I'm baffled why I didn't break any bones there. The Good Lord was looking out for me last Friday morning.

I'm home now and will wait for the medical bills to start flowing in. If the bike gets fixed, I'm happy. If not, I'm happy with that too. I doubt I'll be riding anytime soon (August?).
Again thanks for all the offers of help and kind and good thoughts. You folks are my extended family.

Cute socks... ;-)

I have a bruise like that on my right elbow and forearm right now from a slight drop last Friday...

I'm no Harley expert but it looks to me like you could just toss the windshield off to the side and ride that thing. And with all the time you have now you could polish up that faceshield and it'll be fine too. :duck:
PS your leg looked worse than in the photo... and so did the bruise. :eek2:

Bike update. I heard from the adjuster yesterday afternoon and the bike is repairable! They've started the process and for now the estimate at a return to me is July 8th. Having a bike that is not covered in plastic has its upside I guess.
Thanks again to all here who have sent good thoughts and wishes to my family and I. TWT is my extended family.

Bike update. I heard from the adjuster yesterday afternoon and the bike is repairable! They've started the process and for now the estimate at a return to me is July 8th. Having a bike that is not covered in plastic has its upside I guess.
Thanks again to all here who have sent good thoughts and wishes to my family and I. TWT is my extended family.

That is great! :sun:

While you are just laying around with nothing to do, maybe you should go read the Joke of the Day thread... :-P

Ah....do I want to? I am a good target at the moment. I thought I was subscribed to it so time to go searching

Back