• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SoCal is great, but...

camper

Reaction score
I miss my darn bike.

All these awesome mountain roads and my bike is back home in Dallas. Didn't have an option to bring it with me while I'm down here for work. Shame. I'm here for 2 months total; flying back end of June.

OK. Back to my fish tacos and your regularly scheduled programming.

There are several places to rent bikes there. I was in San Diego over a weekend for work and rented a bike. Rode all over and saw a lot of places I'd always seen on TV growing up. IIRC, it was a little over $100 for a Friday to Monday rental. May be a little more now.

There are several places to rent bikes there. I was in San Diego over a weekend for work and rented a bike. Rode all over and saw a lot of places I'd always seen on TV growing up. IIRC, it was a little over $100 for a Friday to Monday rental. May be a little more now.
What about gear? I didn't bring any of mine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Have someone box it up and ship it to you. It wouldn't cost much.

Check out san diego adventure riders. Someone may have a spare bike you can borrow. I'd let you use the Strom but I'm on it most days for work.

Check out san diego adventure riders. Someone may have a spare bike you can borrow. I'd let you use the Strom but I'm on it most days for work.
Thank you for the info.

Probably won't happen, sadly, as I don't have a way for anyone to box up much gear and send to me.

Sorry, been on the road all day. Most places will have loaner helmets. I went and bought a cheap jacket and gloves. I didn't have any boots and took my chances with that. All the riding I did was on the street (yeah, I know - you really need boots on the street also).

Cool. I will check them out this Saturday. Maybe I'll at least get a couple days in while I'm here. Thanks for all the tips, guys.

I felt the same way riding my bicycle thru Zion National Park area last year. Kept saying to myself that I needed to come back with the moto. Good luck wrangling a ride.

^^^Good point. We also have a few bike rental places in San Diego. Eagle Rider is one and they have more than just Harleys available for rent.

That's who I used and the bike I got was in great shape; no problems.

Back