• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Devo's Cheap & Easy Bike Stand

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Massey
A friend of mine, Devo, built a bike stand that has to be one of the best tools for the Frugal Biker. The information that follows is his, I just copied it to place it in the Cheapskates Garage section of another forum. If there are any errors in my copy and paste, I take full credit for the errors. If everything is correct, Devo gets all the credit as all I did was copy a copy of the original post.

On a sad note, Devo (Harry) lost his battle with cancer. I never had the chance to meet Harry but spoke with him a few time on the phone and he had invited me numerous times to stop by when I was in his area. Wish I could have made it to New Zealand to meet him and his family.

The first time I did a chain adjustment on my bike ( which has a side stand only ) I was very nervous that my bike would fall over while it was up on the jack. I had seen a ride in bike stand made of steel tube which I fancied but felt that $220 was a bit steep, so I looked at making an alternative set up. Now I have no welding gear, but I am a carpenter and usually have a few bits and pieces lying around, so if you have some basic woodworking tools and some bits of ply and two by twos , this may be of interest to you. As you can see by the pics, it will hold the bike securely while you have it jacked up. I leave my bike parked in it all the time as it holds the bike upright and makes checking fluid levels and such a breeze. If this idea is of any use to you,then I'm glad to have been of help.

Dscn0161s.jpg

Dscn0162s.jpg

Dscn0164ss.jpg

Dscn0163s.jpg

Last edited:
That's a spiffy idea! Kudos to your friend and thanks to you for sharing - the best way of remembering a good man's life is through his deeds and accomplishments.

BTW - how do you keep it from skidding when you're pulling in?

Last edited:
Back