• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lost job - prayers appreciated

Sorry about the big job opening not panning out, but glad you still have the little ones. I can't see this last picture though and I'd love to see that ambrosia maple. :-)

God is big. I was pretty low yesterday. But, God...
Talked with my old IT company back in Dallas. There's a strong possibility that I'll be able to start working for them remotely from NC in the very near future!

God has opened doors all during my career that I never even asked for or imagined. Not only does He provide, but He provided abundantly.
But most of all, He loves me with an everlasting love that I don't think I'll ever fully wrap my mind and heart around this side of glory. Thank you, Jesus.

Wow, I was just wondering how things were going. I'll pray that it works out.

I've got to admire your faith. Hang in there and may God bless you!

It's 99% in the bag. I fly to DFW tomorrow and will spend next week nailing down the details and getting up to speed on their new business model. When I was there, it was all project work and time & materials. Now, it's 95% managed services. I already did a one-off project for them down in Myrtle Beach, SC yesterday where hands-on was required. That type work will be the very rare exception.

Fantastic! Glad you are back doing something you know and like.

Great news!

I guess that photography business plan will move to the back burner now, eh? :trust:

Great news!

I guess that photography business plan will move to the back burner now, eh? :trust:

still on a burner...along with woodworking. So many things; so little time. :zen:

What a whirlwind. We reached an agreement and I praise God for that. I'm really happy to be doing hands-on IT again and they seem very happy to have me back.

One final prayer request is that I can get back up to speed on the technology quickly and efficiently and the challenges of being the only remote worker on the team will be few. Thank you one and all for your prayers and well wishes. God's gracious love in this is mind blowing.

What a whirlwind. We reached an agreement and I praise God for that. I'm really happy to be doing hands-on IT again and they seem very happy to have me back.

One final prayer request is that I can get back up to speed on the technology quickly and efficiently and the challenges of being the only remote worker on the team will be few. Thank you one and all for your prayers and well wishes. God's gracious love in this is mind blowing.

Congrats and best of luck bud!

Just a quick circle back and continued praise and thanks to God, and for your prayers and positive thoughts. It continues to be a great fit for me. I have a 14 step commute down the basement stairs to my home office every day. I'm still learning a lot and "drinking from the firehouse", but it's been really satisfying. Although remote, I get to work with great people.

Great, thanks for the follow up and glad you are enjoying the new work situation.

I figured if Scott could resurrect a thread...

Just another praise and shout out for God and I am so very grateful for his provision these last 2 years. It's more than I could have ever asked or imagine.

I'll be starting my third year in a couple of weeks, back with my old company. What a blessing. My normal daily commute is 14 steps down the basement stairs.
I soldiered through my stale skillset and now know a fair amount about O365, Azure, and a host of new IT products.
I get to fly back to the Dallas area every 2-3 months on their nickel and spend a week staying connected to the mother ship. The HUGE side benefit, is that it provides me a free visit to my parents. They are in great health, but still in their early 80's.

So, I thank the one True God, Lord of Heaven and Earth - my Redeemer, Jesus Christ.

And if you're inclined, my son and his new fiance', "L" and "E" could use some serious prayer for jobs, mental health, marriage, general wisdom in living, but most of all, to find true, everlasting peace in the One who provides that by faith in Him, Jesus Christ.

Oh WOW! What a testimony for the provision and God's mercy and Grace that abides forever within us. 3John 1:2.
Tracker thank you for sharing how your test became your testimony and about Christ's faithfulness.

glad many of you believe in the mystical all-being and his ability to help you.. congrats on the job and it keeping you happy..

Gary

Back