• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tony "tcb" Zimmerm, Minnesota

tcb

Reaction score
Hi: Tony from Minnesota. Riding currently a 2007 Bandit 1250s set up for sport touring and a modified Thruxton road racer set up for street use. Don't actually have a pic of the Bandit in my computer! Sorry

Attachments

• TBThrux.jpg
    TBThrux.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 144
Re: Tony (tcb) Zimmerm, Minnesota

Hi! One of the first forums I ever visited was a group in MN. Fun bunch - lots of great pond riding photos :-) That's on my to-do list!

While the Bandit is a nice bikes to see pics of... MORE pics of the Thruxton please :mrgreen:

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Yes, it is Zimmerman, Minnesota, and the movie "Fargo" does portray us accurately!

Attachments

• vintage gp 2006 001 (Small).jpg
    vintage gp 2006 001 (Small).jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 141
  • craigmillerrace078 (Small).jpg
    craigmillerrace078 (Small).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Thrux 407 001 (Small).jpg
    Thrux 407 001 (Small).jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 138
Welcome Tony, hear you're having an easy winter so far.

I spent my first 25 years growing up in Stillwater and Forest Lake. I remember studding up the tires (1300 screws) on my YZ 465 and playing on the lakes in the winter. Those were the days when the fast snowmobiles were 440 free airs. They sure hated getting passed my a motorcycle.

Looks like you might have some "salty" stories to share.

Yeah, I spent 2004-2009 in Utah, and so got to race at Miller Motorsports Park and ran on the salt a couple of years. Great fun and great roads in the Uintas and Wasatch mountains.

I spent 1st grade thru 10th in Coon Rapids. Many years ago now, but I still have friends there, and vacation in MN fairly often. Been by Zimm many times on the way to Mille Lacs, or, 'up nort'.

Welcome Tony, hear you're having an easy winter so far.

I spent my first 25 years growing up in Stillwater and Forest Lake. I remember studding up the tires (1300 screws) on my YZ 465 and playing on the lakes in the winter. Those were the days when the fast snowmobiles were 440 free airs. They sure hated getting passed my a motorcycle.

Looks like you might have some "salty" stories to share.

Back in the late 60's and early 70's, I had the misfortune of being a mechanic off and on on snowmobiles and remember re-cleating Arctic Cat tracks and putting new pistons in free air Skidoos each Monday morning when people got back from their weekend forays.

I would REALLY appreciate it if you would email me a larger copy of that shot of you sitting on the salt flat... tourmeister at twtex.com. I would like to include it in the front page image rotation if that is okay with you.

I would REALLY appreciate it if you would email me a larger copy of that shot of you sitting on the salt flat... tourmeister at twtex.com. I would like to include it in the front page image rotation if that is okay with you.
I don't know how to attach to your site E-mail-there's no place for attachments. PM or e-mail me with your e-mailor tell me how you do it on here

Just use your regular email program and include the photo as an attachment. You don't need to send it through the forum email function. That's why I included my address in the post above ;-)

Just use your regular email program and include the photo as an attachment. You don't need to send it through the forum email function. That's why I included my address in the post above ;-)

Yeah, I didn't see it at first. You should have it in your e-mail now. If it's the wrong size, let me know. I think I sent one of each size I had. Tony

Welcome to this site. We spend a couple of months each summer escaping the Texas Heat in Grand Marais, MN. Am having a ADV group from NE MN in July for a Texas BBQ dinner in Grand Marais on July 14th. Drop in if you can.

You can spot me, We are the Airstream proudly flying the Texas Flag out front. Located in the GM Municipal Campground. The BBQ will be at the Outdoor Pavillion right on Lake Superior. BBQ with a View...

Back