• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Added a New Steed to the Stable

Reaction score
First Name
David
Picked up a New 2012 ABS Gold Wing on Friday. I hope the Busa doesn't get jealous now that it's 2 to 1 in favor of the Honda's! :lol2:

I plan to make this my daily ride to work, short 4 miles, and back as well as some longer trips in the spring and fall.

Attachments

• 20130322_192627-2.jpg
    20130322_192627-2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 20130322_192645-2.jpg
    20130322_192645-2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 20130322_192747-2.jpg
    20130322_192747-2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 116
a gold wing!!!!! what's next? old man jumpsuits supper at Denny's at 4pm and in bed by 8pm after yelling at the kids to get off your grass??? (like Kurt!) :lol2::rofl::lol2::rofl:

a gold wing!!!!! what's next? old man jumpsuits supper at Denny's at 4pm and in bed by 8pm after yelling at the kids to get off your grass??? (like Kurt!) :lol2::rofl::lol2::rofl:

You do know the Goldwing left months ago.... :mrgreen: However, Denny's is good grub, there is nothing wrong with protecting the grass and I never go to bed before 8:30 if I get a good nap in. I am squarely in the BMW spectrum.

Is it an easy commute or will you need something more "flickable"?
Will the wing's exhaust get hot enough to boil moisture out of the system?
She sure is purdy:clap:

You do know the Goldwing left months ago.... :mrgreen: However, Denny's is good grub, there is nothing wrong with protecting the grass and I never go to bed before 8:30 if I get a good nap in. I am squarely in the BMW spectrum.

soon to be the water cooled boxer end of the BMW spectrum????:mrgreen:

soon to be the water cooled boxer end of the BMW spectrum????:mrgreen:

Probably not this year. I've got lots of expenses coming up. Just got the list of supplies for my daughter's nursing school. :eek2:

That doesn't even include tuition or books.

Probably not this year. I've got lots of expenses coming up. Just got the list of supplies for my daughter's nursing school. :eek2:

Still 9 months left in this year. We will see. :wary:

Books are the killer for nursing school. :giveup:

Back on topic; that's a nice looking Wing you got there. Not a fan of the two-tone except in the Blue/Silver like you got :thumb:

School will drain you but, your daughter will be much better off in the long run and hopefully appreciates your sacrifice!

1TallTXn - I am of the same opinion. If I had purchased a red one I was going to Black Out the silver panels like a F6B.

Oh yeah, put the wife through RN school - those books make a new motorcycle look cheap!!

Congrats on the new steed.

Congrats on your new ride! I love GW, soo smooth and powerful. Looking forward to add one to my garage as well ;)

I wonder if Honda negotiates on 2012? If you don't mind to share out of the door price, I'll appreciate it.

Congrats on the new Wing, love those colors.

You aren't the only one here with a Wing and a sport bike although my sport bike will not keep up with the busa.

Hope to see you on the rides!

Very Nice! Ready to break it in?
You know it, already working on it!

Congrats on your new ride! I love GW, soo smooth and powerful. Looking forward to add one to my garage as well ;)

I wonder if Honda negotiates on 2012? If you don't mind to share out of the door price, I'll appreciate it.
Yes and Honda had another $1000 incentive to sweet'n the deal. Won't comment on my final OTD but I saved several thousand at sub 25K.

Congrats on the new Wing, love those colors.

You aren't the only one here with a Wing and a sport bike although my sport bike will not keep up with the busa.

Hope to see you on the rides!
Same here :rider:

Yes and Honda had another $1000 incentive to sweet'n the deal. Won't comment on my final OTD but I saved several thousand at sub 25K.

Thanks for the hint! I was shopping for 2012 audio comfort and dealer wasn't negotiating much.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Congrats! I myself may need to downsize for a bit, but when it comes time to get back into the saddle of a bigger bike, a GW is a likely contender. Yours looks great.

Back