• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

review Aerostich Transit suit

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23845

TWT,

I ordered mine about two months ago after freezing and being wet much of the Houston winter. My buddy Ed has a set and swears by AS gear. Yes, it is expensive, but I snagged one at a 25% off sale. It is high tech Goretex, and comes in accurate sizes (important for me as I am built like a fire plug): short with broad shoulders. AS easily returned the jacket when I needed a 44S instead of 42 S, the 36S inseam leather pants fit perfect first time.

They need almost zero breaking in: and yes they have zippers for ventilation: cuffs, under arm pits, back and the leather is perforated. I have been wearing them this Houston spring in temps up to 90F and 90% humidity: still comfortable although I do keep the jacket zipper down a bit. I like the big back reflector on the jacket and vertical ones on the pants.

Rain riding: wow what a difference compared to a mesh jacket and Kevlar jeans: I stay DRY except for my hands. Quality is superb, plenty of pockets--in the right places including a nifty left arm pocket. I noticed immediately the absence of the floppy floppy jeans at high speed: the leathers are snug and quiet. Bugs splat, and rocks are not so painful hitting my legs. The armor is high tech with flex and high protection where needed.

4.8 stars in my book out of five: superb gear.

I have the same set plus the heated vest and yes it is expensive but it has helped me shed a lot of gear weight. As mention the whole unit fits perfect. I used it in rain, 34.5- 29 degree morning work runs and the famous PIE stops. Great suit!

I don't know about sugarland but here to SA in 79 degree it's still venting with ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a big Aerostich True Believer. I own two, One-Piece Roadcrafters, one is larger and Hi-V-z for winter use with heated gear.

I live in Louisiana, so I am interested in how the Transit performs in hot and humid climates.

I would love updates from you this summer, please.

Thanks!

No problem, ask anything.

First I'll say the fit is near perfect. The jacket is starting to feel like a shirt , pants are not there yet.

I can feel the difference of the stitch jacket with out the heated vest and Im quite sure the" 101 " ( that's what I call it ) heat will be no problem, seems to be just enough room for air entry at the waist area, haven't needed to open arm or back vent.
Laterz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good on you I too have thought about purchasing a second suit, but first I got my eye on a day long seat and just installed my Aeroflow windscreen and wings. Gotta go on a 3-5 hour test ride. Have fun!!

Back