• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Three sisters from Dallas on 7/28

Reaction score
Planning to head on down from dallas early morning, ride the hill country, stay around kerrville and hit three sisters and back on Sunday.
Any one riding? Or wanna join?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Looking at (and believing in) the long range forecast, the following weekend will be MUCH nicer.

Aug 3-5 supposed to be in the upper 80s.

Last edited:
Looking at (and believing in) the long range forecast, the following weekend will be MUCH nicer.

Aug 3-5 supposed to be in the upper 80s.
Wife is out of town, so making hay while the sun shines

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

It'll be shining ... LOL

Well at least there won't be any pirates on the road since they know they can't carry enough speed to stay cool.

Good catch; yep my bad. I could be wrong but I think this thread was presented in the upcoming rides section so, without looking I kind of assumed it was somewhat current. I guess we don't have much new to talk about these days.

did you happen to look at the date on the post above yours?
And what's wrong with that ? Have you happened to look lately at all the dead threads that get resurrected around here ? Some older than a decade . Evidently it's the thing to do.

Stickers ??? We don't need no stinking STICKERS !

• Haha
Reactions: Vec
Warm now but not unbearable. Give it a few weeks, when green turns to brown. Good planning and timing is always the key to a great ride. It just gets harder when the comfy riding window narrows to 5 hours a day in the peak of summer. And its everywhere in Texas, but surely in the golden triangle of 3 sisters. Ok , if you are under 45 make that 6 hours a day, but you are tough!

Desert Skies, we have not met yet but how did that final drive you rebuilt work out? Sorry for the hijack, but I saw your post and admired your tenacity.

Reactions: Tom
Desert Skies, we have not met yet but how did that final drive you rebuilt work out? Sorry for the hijack, but I saw your post and admired your tenacity.

Hi Ed, FD rebuild went good, main bearing and seals and all is well. Key was cleaning out the fine grinds from all the other bearings, nooks and crannies. 👍

Back