• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sycamore Cemetery - Sycamore, TX

Reaction score
Ran across this little gem on my travels today!

cem01.jpg

cem02.jpg

cem03.jpg

Gosh...those are awesome. I hope it doesn't sound creepy, but I LOVE exploring the OLD cemeteries. The headstones with the deceased person's "photo" on them are my favorite. I've seen lots of them, but can't figure out, or even find someone WHO can explain how it looks like an actual photograph. I'm talking headstones 100 years old & older. HOW DID THEY DO THAT!
I'm gonna google Sycamore ASAP & go visit that spot ASAP. Hey! Maybe you should start a thread for just that! Creepy or not, you can't argue that there's a lot of beauty in those old places!

Gosh...those are awesome. I hope it doesn't sound creepy, but I LOVE exploring the OLD cemeteries. The headstones with the deceased person's "photo" on them are my favorite. I've seen lots of them, but can't figure out, or even find someone WHO can explain how it looks like an actual photograph. I'm talking headstones 100 years old & older. HOW DID THEY DO THAT!
I'm gonna google Sycamore ASAP & go visit that spot ASAP. Hey! Maybe you should start a thread for just that! Creepy or not, you can't argue that there's a lot of beauty in those old places!

I agree! I plan on going back it was a small site but i was already running late so did not get to "explore" as much as I would have liked! I noticed some older mausoleums and an old outhouse further back! Greenwood, TX is close by and a really cool old town, has ok hamburgers at the grocery/eatery store.... Cool place to check out i suggest it!

There are dozens of ghost towns and cemeteries in that part of the county. Many of them have outhouses, which is something I have only seen in that general area. I am ordering the chain and sprockets for the KLR today. If work does not pile me in this week I may be able to do a ride around next weekend.

There are dozens of ghost towns and cemeteries in that part of the county. Many of them have outhouses, which is something I have only seen in that general area. I am ordering the chain and sprockets for the KLR today. If work does not pile me in this week I may be able to do a ride around next weekend.

Sweet! I should be able to do Saturday for sure!

-Ryan

Ryan, we've visited a few of the cemeteries in the grasslands, but there are many more. One of which I am eager to visit because of it's association with the Butterfield Stage Trail. Would you be interested in a Grasslands Ride Back in Time ride? (aka visit several of the cemeteries)

Ryan, we've visited a few of the cemeteries in the grasslands, but there are many more. One of which I am eager to visit because of it's association with the Butterfield Stage Trail. Would you be interested in a Grasslands Ride Back in Time ride? (aka visit several of the cemeteries)

Sure sounds fun!

Back