• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New member from Central Florida

Swagfu

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I look forward to all of our future conversations. It would be awesome to meet some people in Central Florida as well. I ride a 2011 GSX1250FA that I have had for a little over a year. See ya in the zoo! Here is a picture from today's ride.

DSC05233_zpsf0e4a58d.jpg

:welcome: From San Marcos,Tx. Great looking bike, looks like she's done up for touring. You will meet fellow TWTers from all over the world here, but it's also amazing how many you'll meet from right in your own back yard. ride safe.:rider:

:welcome: From San Marcos,Tx. Great looking bike, looks like she's done up for touring. You will meet fellow TWTers from all over the world here, but it's also amazing how many you'll meet from right in your own back yard. ride safe.:rider:

Thanks and hello. I don't get to ride as often as I would like, but last week rode about 7 hours round trip and today was almost 6. I try to go somewhere new just to see what's out there. Living in Florida, I try to find places to eat on the water....gulf, ocean or lake. Not too hard to do. Ever get this way look me up. I am near Daytona.

Thanks and hello. I don't get to ride as often as I would like, but last week rode about 7 hours round trip and today was almost 6. I try to go somewhere new just to see what's out there. Living in Florida, I try to find places to eat on the water....gulf, ocean or lake. Not too hard to do. Ever get this way look me up. I am near Daytona.[/QUOTE

Thanks for your reply. Always need to make time to ride as a friend once told me. If you wait it doesn't happen. I have always liked the thought of less traveled twisty back roads, great scenery, and a good place to eat somewhere along the way. I like to share the ride when I can. It's good to be, or have a wing man for safety reasons and it makes it more enjoyable too. I have tried to make the M&Gs when I can and have enjoyed meeting other TWTers in the process. Keep the shiny side up and keep in touch.:rider:

Aloha and welcome to the TWT family. You will find a wealth of information about your bike on here. Where are you at in the picture? KP

Aloha and welcome to the TWT family. You will find a wealth of information about your bike on here. Where are you at in the picture? KP

Thanks. Unfortunately, I don't have any riding buddies to take a pic of me...so all almost all my pics are selfie types which I don't do much of. But here are a couple of first day of ownership pics and a selfie in my helmet.

First day of ownership. Less than 5 miles on it at that point...bought it with .1 mile. Straight home from the dealer.
DSC05195_zps02b10617.jpg

This is my only selfie wearing my helmet.
1390772_10202029864285144_165273535_n_zps0aacc91c.jpg

Thanks Maverick!! I have not been to Union Park. I try stay off I-4 if at all possible. Lots of accidents on it. I usually ride east to the ocean or west toward the gulf. I was just in Jacksonville the other day. I do go down 95 to the West Palm Beach area to see friends sometimes, but the further south you go on 95 the worst the traffic gets. What got you to Texas?

I had a 81 also,had a bad year and had to sell it. Man that thing was fast. Did not have much room at that time to ride it,that stunk. Had a seventy something YZ125 also that someone had souped up also before the RM.

Back