• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FS: '08 Vstrom 650 w many extras- San Antonio

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Witt
2008 Suzuki Vstrom DL 650 with 29,700 miles - $4,000 cash OBO. Bike is located in San Antonio, TX
Meticulously maintained by myself and bikes needs nothing. Always garage stored, ridden for pleasure and not commuting. Clean title. Always synthetic oil and new filter every 3,000 miles. Valves checked at 22,000 miles and all was in- spec. Throttle bodies also synced at that time.

Includes the following;
BMC and K&N air filters
Cree LED fog lights with Twisted Throttle under-fairing bar mount
Sylvania ultra white headlight bulbs
Corrected speedometer face
Touratech headlight guard
Madstadt bracket
MRA screen
DL 1000 two piece top clamp with custom rubber damped Protaper Raptor fat bars
Billet adjustable levers
OEM hand guards (new)
Throttle lock
Strombone RAM mount for GPS or phone
12v charging port
Datel LED voltage meter
Eastern Beaver fuse block
Richland Rick mirror extenders
Murf's aluminum adjustable kickstand
Fender extender
Rubber fork boots
Flush mount front turn signals
Richland Rick fork brace
Sargent seat
SW Motech aluminum powder coated skid plate, radiator guard, and oil cooler guard
Givi crash bars
Custom fore and aft adjustable shift lever
Rubber damped foot pegs
New Regina chain and steel sprockets less than 5000 miles
Happy Trails racks with quick release 42L Denali clif-cut powder coated aluminum panniers. The panniers hold a ton of stuff because they are deep, but the bike is still narrow.
Happy Trails tail rack
95 lb straight rate fork springs with Gold Valves - serviced 3000 miles ago.
11.5 kg Eibach shock spring
Metzeler Tourance tires. Front is 75%, back is good for about 2,000 more.

I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting. I'm the 2nd owner and bought the bike bone stock with 500 miles in 2009. It's been ridden so has a few scratches, but I'm very anal about maintenance and appearance and you will NOT find a better looking or more meticulously maintained Vstrom, regardless of age. Plus black is the fastest color as we all know.

52F5DC72-2CE1-4914-A792-6761129133A3_zps1fikbmkw.jpg

1e39f52d778c8d20b353a24881f41a5f_zps0e0140bf.jpg

ce76e8c99ddf4375e3fbb7be0148a562_zps4c202679.jpg

574d315ebcc420e2212f4853f0afd398_zpsbb2e4bbb.jpg

d508ce38bb721ce29f4b474583658946_zpsfac58946.jpg

34004805-C6A6-411A-9445-725B7A2CAA94_zpsivcvlcu3.jpg

0194E663-A474-4AFC-9ED0-7F0BB377B1FF_zps7kfphait.jpg

Last edited:
:brainsnap

I can vouch for this bike. The only times i've seen it in less than immaculate condition - that condition lasted for about 20 minutes after the ride ended... in a camp ground parking lot... after some long days of riding... when food should have been the priority.... not cleaning the bike. :giveup:

You will be hard-pressed to find a cleaner, better maintained Wee.

Bumpiedy, bump, bump, bump......... Lotsa looks, no offers..... Am I too high?

Price drop........ $4,250 you pick it up, or $4,500 and I will deliver it to you inside the state of Texas.....
:rider:

Had a couple nibbles this week, but no bites yet......
I figured this would go quick honestly. It's got $4,000 alone worth of stuff on it, which I understand you never get that money back when selling, but as it sits this bike is a turn-key touring machine lready to go anywhere tomorrow. Like I said originally, you will be hard pressed to find another that's been better taken care of...... Folks really don't know what they're missing.........

Previously owned by KamLeeR
Who has been known to trade a bike or two after a brief break in period.
This Strom is a sharp one for sure.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Previously owned by KamLeeR
Who has been known to trade a bike or two after a brief break in period.
This Strom is a sharp one for sure.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Thanks Rod. It's been a great bike, just time for something different. I think you should buy it.
:rider:

Price Drop

Price drop, $4000 cash, OBO. Geeze, I'm giving this %#*€ bike away now.......

& that's why my 06.. Gold Fender is still in my garage....
stripped down & farkled for more gravel goatpaths...
leavin the 011 Oui decked out for the longer travels

Same reason my Wee is garaged out west for fly and ride weekends.

Save the Strom for your son to ride. Father and son adventure ride vacations would be priceless.

_

Same reason my Wee is garaged out west for fly and ride weekends.

Save the Strom for your son to ride. Father and son adventure ride vacations would be priceless.

_

I've been considering that actually David. But he'll be off to college next year, then the military, so it would be several years and I'd hate to let the bike sit and rot for that length of time.......

It's definitely been frustrating trying to sell the bike as I initially thought it would go fast because of all it has. And I have it listed on 4 websites. It's truly a great bike and needs absolutely nothing (except a rear tire) to do a 10,000 mile trip to Alaska tomorrow. Heck, it's already been there in 2010!

I may end up de-farkling the bike, listing all that separately, then selling the stock bike. Considering the low-ball offers I've had so far (other websites) that may be a viable option.....

OK, off my soap box now, lol

Last edited:
Hi, I'm from the N. Montgomery group out of Conroe. I'll offer you the $4000. I could make arrangements to go to SA this weekend.

Dale Stevens

Bike is sold. Thanks Dale and I hope you enjoy it.

Back