• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2017 Katy Bike Night - Wednesdays @ 7

I'm too exhausted to go tonight. Had the grandkids for 6 days. Need to recover with a quiet night.

Had a nice time tonight :) nothing like running into a old friend :mrgreen:
Dennis ill find that link for you :rider:

Yes me to. Had a bad crash Saturday, got to ride in ambulance. Broke 3 ribs, was knocked out for a while and beat up pretty good. Getting around a little better, hope to make work tomorrow for a few hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes me to. Had a bad crash Saturday, got to ride in ambulance. Broke 3 ribs, was knocked out for a while and beat up pretty good. Getting around a little better, hope to make work tomorrow for a few hours

Wow - sorry to hear you are the latest one to take an ambulance ride. Hope you are soon on the mend!

On the FJR or KTM Harold ? I'm out too as I prefer to ride , and if I'm going to get my bike dirty in the rain its not for 15 miles , but a cross state trip at least .

Harold I hope you feel better soon .

On the FJR or KTM Harold ? I'm out too as I prefer to ride , and if I'm going to get my bike dirty in the rain its not for 15 miles , but a cross state trip at least .

Harold I hope you feel better soon .

KTM.

Well since your good enough to post how did the KTM fair ? Or unknown at this time ?

It did pretty good. Front wheel. Ex pipe, windshield., front brake assemble on bar, mirror, rear peg and mount, plastic covers, right turn signals, handle bars and not sure on forks yet. I hit s large weather out on a county road, it was 1 1/2 foot deep by 8’ across and 3 to 4 foot wide front to back when I hit to hole I was thrown 10’ high and 50’ out. Road was suppose to be a closed the peramefic said. Someone had moved the sight to the ditch. When my group went back to pick up my bike the sign had been put back up. I came up on it so quick, I tried to wheelie over it but the rear end sent me up like s pogo stick. I was knocked out when I landed. I am doing better now, moving s little better. Adjuster will come on Fridsy and look at bike.

Harold - sorry about the accident. Best wishes for a prompt recovery.

Harold, sorry to hear that you are the latest member of the Wyatt "Rubber side up club":trust:, hope you heal up fast

I'm out tonight

Harold, sorry to hear that you are the latest member of the Wyatt "Rubber side up club":trust:, hope you heal up fast

Both on an 1190 Adventure too. Hmmm, not the kind of adventure one sets out for when riding an "Adventure Bike".

I'm out tonight

Maybe we need some "Rubber Side Up Club" t-shirts made.:lol2:

I'm out too. Not worth getting suited up for other than a LD trip.

Last edited:
Dang Harold. Glad you're ok. I hope you had a CT done of your gray matter. Mui importante.

Dang KTMs. Unsafe contraptions, I say.

If you're gonna wreck a bike, dagummit, then wreck it right.:giveup:

Harold, I am sorry to hear you had a get off. I hope you are recovering quickly.

Last edited:
I was behind Harold. Saw everything. It was absolutely brutal. He is in about the best shape you could hope for after that wreck. There are actually two signs back up now. One at the front of the road showing closed and now a barricade at the crater. And this was close to home after we had done 250 miles or so. Less than 10 miles from the house by Goya.

I have bird down for service of new chain/sprockets / airfilter.
Of course only chain is here. Also have a very rare for me headache so I'll be staying in tonight

Back