• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need riding suggestions

Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Last Name
Doughtie
Just recently put my DR650 back together and I would like to test it out on some dirt roads or trails. I live in Kingwood if anyone knows a place nearby. Thanks.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97040

Not too far from you. Nice route for this area.
8e954b2c452f1b035f7f7b9e04340145.jpg

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Thank you. It's a little bit further than I wanted to travel just in case I find a problem with my bike. I might trailer it there and try it. I was looking somewhere close to Kingwood so if I have a malfunction, I can call a friend for rescue.

There are a few DR 650 lovers around that would probably hook up and ride with you. They`ll be here shortly.

What aspect of the bike are you needing to test that would require you to ride dirt as opposed to paved roads? If you are just testing the motor, I would think any kind of road would work. Are you concerned about a particular failure mode?

You might look up around Spendora. There used to be a couple of tracks up there with some trails around them, but I believe they're closed now.

What aspect of the bike are you needing to test that would require you to ride dirt as opposed to paved roads? If you are just testing the motor, I would think any kind of road would work. Are you concerned about a particular failure mode?

I'll try to give the Readers Digest version. I bought a used DR650 that needed more work than I realized. I rebuilt the carb, replaced the bearings in the swingarm and linkage, replaced the rubber cushions in the cush drive and rebuilt the front forks and replaced the rear shock. So I want to make sure everything works correctly and I would like to try out the suspension offroad to see how it feels. The particular failure mode of concern would be me. I want to make sure I did everything correctly before I journey too far and get stranded.

Back