• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Valve Adjust

cwadej

Reaction score
As you probably know A bunch of great guys here put somme farkles on my Strom whil I was in Afghanistan earlier this year. Still can't thank them enough.

I should probably do a valve adjust on it. Think they'd do it if I went back to the desert?

Realistically, how long does it take to do the first adjustment?

don't have to go to desert, if you did you wouldn't learn how to do it yourself next time.

more stuff has to come off the strom than the SV but checking them on the SV1K is about a hour and a half if you get right to it.

if any have to be adjusted it becomes much more involved.

Last edited:
I would have to agree with Leon. Maybe 2 hours to check them on the Strom if we keep the chit-chattin down and work. But what fun is that, so lets just say 3 hours to be safe. But it is pretty easy.

There was a thread somewhere about a guy wondering if there was a tech day. We need to find a place to host it at and maybe you could bring your Strom over.

If we can do half garage I can host. the back half is chock full o junk still. Basic tools on hand. hmmm. Maybe a couple more weeks. Back to work on Monday. :argh:

I have non air powered power tools, and feeler gauges that go really thin.

does firehouse subs deliver?

Back