• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Self driving gs

It's cool and all, but I don't know if I want a bike that has those 'safety features'...

It's cool and all, but I don't know if I want a bike that has those 'safety features'...
I don't even believe in all that traction control mumbo jumbo.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just nope. If I want to ride something with a brain it'll be a horse.

Last edited:
Just nope. If I want to ride something with a brain it'll be a horse.

I bet that GS won't see a Walmart bag stuck in a tree flopping in the breeze and think, "It's gonna eat me!"

JK, I'm with you, why even bother owning a bike if you can't make your own decisions where you want to go and be the one to make it happen.

BMW engineers are out of control I tell you. :giveup:

Next, it will have a port you open and pour your Starbucks in so it can drink it for you. :coffee:

Last edited:
I bet that GS won't see a Walmart bag stuck in a tree flopping in the breeze and think, "It's gonna eat me!"

JK, I'm with you, why even bother owning a bike if you can't make your own decisions where you want to go and be the one to make it happen.

BMW engineers are out of control I tell you. :giveup:

Next, it will have a port you open and pour your Starbucks in so it can drink it for you. :coffee:

Yes, preprogrammed route to nearest starbucks...You need a Starbucks, Dave

X2

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

LoL ?, this is quite funny.
1st Honda, Now BMW.
Lets hope the Italians also follow suit.
Knowing how well Italian machinery works it’ll sure be the nail in the coffin to that idea. :duck:

Some of these technologies are great, but some of them are just not that well thought out. A couple of years ago Ford added "lane assist" to the automated controls on the Raptor pickup truck. It's supposed to keep you from drifting out of the right lane onto the shoulder in case you get drowsy. What it did in real life to an acquaintance is try to keep him in his lane while an oversize load was taking up half of said lane. He was able to muscle the truck over despite the "assistance". He had his dealer disable the lane assist feature soon after that.

This is technology that will undoubtedly catch on and find all sorts of purposes in the future. For me, now, right here, having a self-driving bike would be about as satisfying as putting down my guitar and listening to CDs of somebody who sounds like me.

This is technology that will undoubtedly catch on and find all sorts of purposes in the future. For me, now, right here, having a self-driving bike would be about as satisfying as putting down my guitar and listening to CDs of somebody who sounds like me.

Or maybe someone who sounds just a little bit 'less good' than you.

Or maybe someone who sounds just a little bit 'less good' than you.

I assure you, there's a lot more room in the OTHER direction. :doh:

Actually, this reminds me of a fight that was going on at our church some years ago. I was the official wedding sound guy. I'm part of a non-instrumental church, though we allow instruments for weddings. But some of the church leaders were upset about my setting up sound for string quartets and whatnot for weddings -- even though our bylaws allow it. Anyhoo, one of them asked me why I'm helping provide live music. I replied, "Because the brides want real, live music for their weddings." Another asked, "Why can't you just record the musicians and then play the recording at the wedding?" My reply: "Seriously? Is that actually a question?"

Sorry - getting off topic. But when people want the "real thing", they don't want somebody else do do the "real thing" for them.

Actually, this reminds me of a fight that was going on at our church some years ago. I was the official wedding sound guy. I'm part of a non-instrumental church, though we allow instruments for weddings.

What church is this?

Back