• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

nerve protection gloves?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23845

All,

I was out riding my blue Guzzi today, and noticed one of my glove fingers blew out. These are perforated leather QWI gloves: designed by a surgeon/rider to protect hand nerves. I have very small hands, and have found their gloves to help a lot. Issue is: QWI has gone out of business.

So, does anyone know of any quality, leather motorcycle gloves that have some sort of genuine palm padding to protect against nerve damage?

Thanks in advance.

These are being advertised in the back of the AMA magazine. Maybe this might be something to take a look at. Caught my eye as I have a friend that is having some nerve issues in his hands when riding. Going to forward this to him as well. Good luck!

www.moto.gripswell.com

hmmm ... wish they took paypal ...

I called and chatted with the Gripswell guy.

I ordered a set of airflow and off road gloves.

As for sizing, he said the airlflow gloves are made from goatskin and would shrink about 3% where they are loose fitting and stretch about 3% where tight.

He would be willing to swap sizes if the sizing was wrong.

He also said his inventory is getting quite low and only has one color ... black.

I replaced my grips with thicker foam grips- $15 on Ebay. The larger diameter also is easy on a tough old calloused hand.
This, and my throttle lock adjusted so it can be twisted while on, and I'm just resting my hands on the grips...when they're even ON the grips.

I'm probably overly optimistic about the gloves ...

I already use grip puppies, end weights and constantly adjusting the bar height/angle looking for relief. If it weren't for cruise control, I'd be severely limited on my travels.

I'm probably overly optimistic about the gloves ...

I already use grip puppies, end weights and constantly adjusting the bar height/angle looking for relief. If it weren't for cruise control, I'd be severely limited on my travels.

Any relief with different posture and not putting so much weight on the hands?
I thought I need grip puppies at first, but even the thinner summer gloves keep hands from going numb now, still catch myself putting weight forward at times, difference is noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leaving on a trip tomorrow.

I've lowered the windshield to get a bit more air on mt upper body to see if its as you describe ... leaning on my arms/hands.

I wish the gloves were here so I could try them as well.

Guess I'll just have to go on another trip ...

I tried it all and ended up selling the 2012 Stelvio after it gave me carpel tunnel. A month later, back on a trusty GSA my hands were fine. Miss the character of the Stelvio though, it was really a fun bike.

Didn't want to hear that ... my issues have gotten progressively worse since purchasing the big KTM and have worsened since installing a 50-50 tire.

I have a set of Shinko 705s ready to go. I'll see if they help.

Do you guys use hand grip strengtheners?

No, but I've noticed that my wedding band has gotten tighter as I've become more disciplined about going to the gym, walking the dogs, and eating better. I guess my fingers are bulking up.

Well I hate to say it, but any exercise now hurts my hands. Just playing my guitar for a night hurts the next morning. I think getting a little older is taking its toll given an active lifestyle and lots of physical work all my life around the property/house and riding off road activities. Ibuprofen becomes your best friend I'm afraid.

I'm gonna take a few over-nighters or maybe a run to AZ to ride the devils highway/Cloudcroft loop, or maybe down to Big Bend in a week or so just to see how I hold up. Been awhile since I did any mid length days of 300 plus miles and I'm not willing to secumb to the aches and pains yet!

Today was much better.

Stopped a lot, was very cognizant of posture and grip, used the cruise as much as possible and I didn't hustle it.

Probably annoyed my riding partners, but never saw the weeds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ordered a set of airflow and off road gloves.

As for sizing, he said the airlflow gloves are made from goatskin and would shrink about 3% where they are loose fitting and stretch about 3% where tight.

He would be willing to swap sizes if the sizing was wrong.

He also said his inventory is getting quite low and only has one color ... black.

The gloves arrived and I just sat down and tried them on.

Very disappointed in the airflow gloves. The sizing was OK, although the fingers are a bit long.

As far as "airflow" goes, there are perforations in the fingers and a thin band of mesh where knuckle protection should go. That is to say, there is zero knuckle protection other than the mesh.

The sizing chart claims XL is a 10-11 inch measurement and mine measured 10.5"

I do like the fact that the velcro closure is very wide, peeling the back of the glove wide open. Makes getting a sweaty hand into the glove in July and August.

The fingers are not phone friendly.

And the goat skin is very supple and comfortable. but they are going back.

The moto gloves have a tradition velcro strip that closes around the wrist.

The fit was a bit tight going on the first time. but as my hand and fingers seated into position, it sorta felt like a second skin. Very comfortable fit.

Has knuckle and leading edge finger protection, but appears to be glued on and has a single row of stitching. Not sure how long the protection will last.

I find it odd that the moto sport glove fingers tips are phone friendly and the cruiser gloves are not.

Material is a breathable, faux brushed leather.

Now to the gel pads ...

There is one single, large gel pad in the middle of the palm and a second pad that wraps around the base of the thumb.

The palm pad does NOT include the heel of the palm.

Well ... after a couple day's riding, the cuff stitching began coming apart.

I would suggest, if you want gel pads in the palm and similar protection of the Gripswell gloves, buy a pair of Mechanix Impact gloves.

Today was much better.

Stopped a lot, was very cognizant of posture and grip, used the cruise as much as possible and I didn't hustle it.

Probably annoyed my riding partners, but never saw the weeds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We thought you was mad at us and wanted us runn oft!

Back