• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Feeling Good, Looking Forward to it All

OldTLSDoug

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I rode the Gixxer today. Man, I really missed riding the thing. I am 56 pounds lighter than the last time I rode her. The ride was nice, very comfortable, really. I always loved my Gixxer crouch, I was just too fat to do it. I enjoyed the way she ran, the noise, the quick shifter, the acceleration and the pureness of the bike experience.

Later in the day I went by to visit a friend in the hospital. I was touched by his 83 yr old father patting him, looking at him, and saying, "He is still my little baby boy."

I felt the love pass between them, it was one of lifes moments where we are shown how to love and be loved, pretty amazing thing to witness.

God is good, God is talking to us, all of us should take time to listen.

This has been a tough year for us. But faith, a lot of love and lots and lots of work have really gotten us this far. Today was one of those days where I realize where I am, that I am loved and blessed. Thank God for all of it.

P.S. Put my buddy, Les, in your prayers, he isn't feeling too well tonight, but with good care and some prayer I am praying he comes through it ok. Go see your friends in the Hospital, if they don't want you there they will tell you. Another friend who lost his battle told me, "Always go, we like to see people and do normal stuff, even when we are sick." He was a great guy too.

Peace out, back to motorcycling. :rider:

Dang man, that's an upper and a downer in one single post. Not sure how to respond. I guess I'm happy though that the bike is back in the hands of someone that it makes happy.

Jasen,

I am glad I went to see my buddy. Life is good when you care about and love other people, I believe that is why we are here.

Of course, riding motorcycles surely must be in there somewhere.

Back