• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1980 SR500

Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Bought this a few years ago. Never really started project. It ran when parked. Always been garaged, came from a collection a guy had in Wimberley. Really good shape. Blow down shows exhaust valve leak probably need valves cleaned or compression release. Have two Mikuni like new carbs, tank great, two pipes and all parts to finish, turn signals chain guard etc. Oil in frame with temp. gauge. New Progressive rear shocks.
I am asking less than half what I paid. I will post up Louisiana signed and dated paperwork, not in my name. If you can't deal with it don't buy it. I cannot help with any of it. Have bill of sale too. These make the most beautiful uncut Café racers IMO. I need to get shop cleaned out. No battery needed capacitor ignition converted. Have ignition and key. Thanksgiving special 800. bucks. The two carbs are worth half of that:rider:
have side covers too it is an original but needs some work from someone younger than me :)
Sale Pending
SOLD SOLD SOLD

Attachments

• B SR500.jpg
    B SR500.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 265
  • C SR 500.jpg
    C SR 500.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 192
  • A SR500.jpg
    A SR500.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
My bill of sale plus parts book etc. Up and Up. I think to part out would be a shame. Title can be done with paperwork I have. I think :)

Attachments

• bill of sale SR 500.jpg
    bill of sale SR 500.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 121
Thought I didn't ask enough. Bring the cash and I will load you up Scott. It was going to be my dream bike, but oh well
At 11:00 in morning we have a pie lunch at Thorndale Uptown Café. I live 7 miles south come to lunch if you can or pick up before Thanks Giving.
Sale Pending

Last edited:
Sold pending pick-up. I will chunk 25 bucks to TWT. It so beats Craigslist.:mrgreen:

Sale Pending 11/21/17

Last edited:
Still For Sale. New Price 600 bucks cash on the barrel head. Just trying to clear garage of stuff. Also have a 13 foot fiberglass fishing boat and galv. trailer with a 6 hp four cycle Tohatsu with reverse and remote tank trolling motor new battery ( low hrs.with forward controls (steering wheel) that I will be selling soon here or CL sweet little skiff. Also still have Samurai listed here on TWT.
Sale Pending

Last edited:
I hate to say it but it is a steal, I am an airhead guy and the differences just spooked me. If I did not have so many other projects going on I would have taken it. Please give the man $800 for it, title is no problem and Clay is a straight shooter and friendly guy! It was a pleasure to meet him!
Scott

Good meeting you Scott. Ride out someday, I will show you some back roads. It is more about getting rid of clutter than money. Gardening and M/C and boat projects don't go together. :zen:

great deal.

I too have a "stalled" project, in a '77 KZ650. It sounded good, but had carb crud issues, so I took them off, pulled the bottoms, and that's as far as I got, besides cleaning it up.
life sure has a way of changing your plans, don't it?

Pony express?

I have one possible trade ahead of you, if it don't happen we will pony express I got a box of parts too, but the motor is complete and most of bike, I will let you know before Thanks Giving. If Trade don't happen it's yours. The trade involves cash on my part. ( no I'm not paying someone to take it, but I did pay 1750. bucks for it, so I feel like it. . I want it but wife wants it out of garage.
Sale Pending

Last edited:
Sale pending 11/21/17 sometime in early December. I told him I would hold it. Took inquires in order they came. #4 gets it. If it fall through I will post again.

Last edited:
Back