• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Member in College Station

JMod45

Reaction score
I've been hearing about this forum for probably 5 years now, and I am finally joining. I ride a Ninja 1000, and my wife has an SV650, which basically makes it my second bike.

Obviously I ride street, mostly just going to work at this point, I try to ride from time to time, but not as much as I was a few years ago. If I can come up with money, I'd like to get into the dual sport thing. Ideally at this point a DRZ400.

I also joined the forum cause I am parting out my old SV650, and a lot of those parts needs to be sold locally as shipping is ridiculous.

This is the best picture I have available of my bikes at the moment. This was over a year ago, since we both got new helmets in 2015.
IMAG17461_zps31f083e6.jpg

Welcome to the site!

:tab Those are two nice bikes! We had a blue 01 650 SVS that was my wife's bike. I think I rode it as much as she did because it was just such a fun bike to ride! I had a VFR 800 at the time. She eventually decided she needed a VFR as well so we sold the SV. We did the sport touring thing a lot for a few years (pre kids). I did a few trackdays at Texas World Speedway on the VFRs, which was fun. Around the time we started having kids I got into the dualsport thing and got it pretty bad :lol2:

:tab I often ride the dirt roads between here and BCS, stopping at Yankee's in Carlos for a cold drink or lunch on occasion. I like to stop at CJ's BBQ out on Hwy 30 when I can, good stuff. I was just over there a few weeks ago trying to find a place to have some ice cream with my son. It was over 100 F that day. Finding ice cream on a Sunday is tough! Everywhere we went was either closed or no longer serves it (Chic-Fil-A, Must Be Heaven, Rudy's BBQ, and Fudruckers). We eventually ended up at the Three Spoons there in Texas Ave. We did a lot of dirt that day on my 1200 GS. We were beat by the time we got back to Huntsville.

:tab Our monthly Pie Run is tomorrow in Nacogdoches. Details here,

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110173

If you can, you guys should come on out. It is a great way to meet folks and see lots of other bikes.

JM, send your beautiful wife on a ride with me. You stay home. OK fellow TWTers, I know the JM and his wife, so the rest of you don't need to get as personal

Back