• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Member from the East (LA)

Reaction score
I'm from Lafayette, Louisiana and came across this forum during planning a first trip to Mexico. I'm 59 and started riding for the first time in my life 5 years ago. Trying to make up for lost time.

Currently have a 2009 VStrom 650 and 2010 Goldwing. Spend most of my time on my Goldwing but would like to do some light off road on the Wee. I'll see if I can include pics. Well, I've uploaded one pic of my Vstrom, but can't seem to upload two.

Attachments

• 20170513_131513 - Cropped.jpg
    20170513_131513 - Cropped.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 145
Welcome to the site! :wave:

If you are uploading using the attachment feature, you should be able to upload at least five images per post. However, they have to be no bigger than 640 X 480 and 195KB. Anything larger will result in a time out on the upload and a "Missing security token" error. I've no clue why that particular phrase is the error message, but that is what happens when the images are too large.

I'm familiar with the Stromtroopers, Goldwing and Advriders forums, but new to this one. On the others there's a "like" button which I'm not seeing here. Am I missing something?

Hmmm, regarding uploading the photo of my other bike, I go to "Upload File from your Computer", then "Browse" and click on a 2 MB JPG file, then "Upload". All I get is "Upload of file failed". Ces't la vie.

Thanks. Love the orange as well and I have a yellow Goldwing. I keep hearing others talk about drivers not seeing them, but so far, have not experienced that phenomenon (knock on wood). Could it be the colors?

Welcome David from a fellow Lafayette resident/Vstrommer!

Thanks. Love the orange as well and I have a yellow Goldwing. I keep hearing others talk about drivers not seeing them, but so far, have not experienced that phenomenon (knock on wood). Could it be the colors?

Drivers not seeing mc's in general or not seeing stroms in particular?

I haven't heard of stroms being especially invisible to cagers.

I do get more respect after adding auxiliary running lights.

Back