• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Saturday Breakfast at The Blue Hanger

Not sure if anybody else is braving the cold lately, but I'm planning on being out there around 9am tomorrow.

I plan to be there...............but if I don't show up it'll be because I'm still in bed with a hangover lol.

Looks like some nice weather in store for tomorrow...
Hope to make it out from some pancakes. :sun:
(around 10:00, when the sun's up :lol2:)

It should be nicer than this A.M. I went to the barn to feed the horses and it was still in the 20's inside. That means no riding shorts tomorrow and you might need gloves.

Pat McDonald

Think I will make it tomarrow.Is it open at 8 or 7 is there the buffet they talked about?

(around 10:00, when the sun's up ) ready for lunch?

Think I will make it tomarrow.Is it open at 8 or 7 is there the buffet they talked about?

(around 10:00, when the sun's up ) ready for lunch?

They are opening at 8:00 and yes, they have the buffet up and running. I think it is the same stuff every week on the buffet. Pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, and other stuff I don't remember.

See you tomorrow

Pat McDonald

I'll be there one way or the other on one thing or another at some time or other. but then I was there on Fri. Wed. Tue., and Mon. :rider: :eat:

I'll be there one way or the other on one thing or another at some time or other. but then I was there on Fri. Wed. Tue., and Mon. :rider: :eat:

Do you fly out of there? I used to be partner in a Tri-Pacer we kept there.

Yeah I started flying out of NWRA about 35 years ago. Wrecked my plane a couple of years ago and am starting to put it back together, Hope to see you there, I'll show it to you.

Yea, that's one of those vehicles you don't really want to "wreck." Not just the expense involved, but dang. Glad you are still with us.

so much for braving the cold.....stopped in at BH around 1 yesterday afternoon. With the best riding weather in a couple of weeks just kept riding.....:sun:

Yeah I started flying out of NWRA about 35 years ago. Wrecked my plane a couple of years ago and am starting to put it back together, Hope to see you there, I'll show it to you.

Love to see it, but it will have to be another Saturday. I will get up there soon.

My son and I bundled up at around 9:AM, rolled the bike out of the garage, pushed the magic button and .... No joy... :doh:

Cranked but didn't catch...

The battery has been a small worry for the past month or so (hard starting)... I figured it was the colder weather, but I guess it should have been a bigger worry :oops:

Sorry we missed y'all.. Sure looked like a nice day to ride. :tears:

I went in the truck. The roads were passable until you got to the one from 1171 to the Blue Hangar. I made it but the cafe was closed. Should be a lot better tomorrow. :rider::eat:

I did not go to the Blue Hanger last Saturday. I figured it was a lost cause and they would not open anyway. I will be going out tomorrow.
See you all there

Pat McDonald

geared up and walked out to the garage about 7am. Sheet of ice just outside the door. No way I was gonna get the bike out without both of us falling over...

with the temps up now just went and swept all the water away, there's like a gully there where it collects.

was pretty bummed, really wanted to make it this morning.

I woke up at 4:00 AM for some reason this morning and feel like going for a ride. I think I'll head up for breakfast, hope some of you guys will be there today!

The weather is so nice in the mornings that we are again dining alfresco. We are such a classy bunch. Come on out to the Blue Hanger for breakfast tomorrow. I am going to go from breakfast to Cresson for the Vintage races and show. This is the first time that I can remember there being sanctioned vintage races in the DFW area. Of course, I miss more than I see, so my opinion doesn't mean much.

Come on out and then take in the races.

Pat McDonald

I'll see you at the track Pat. Riding my H2 to Cresson tomorrow.

Back