• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Saturday Breakfast at The Blue Hanger

Is the Blue Hanger breakfast still happening?

Would have to bet it still is FidgetStone. I've moved about 1000 miles away so won't be making them. But man, one of the most fun things I've done on a Saturday morning was hanging out at the Blue Hanger, checking out the pilots, planes, bikes, great breakfast...

doesn't get much better :)

I was there last Saturday. Had to wait for some planes to land and take off before we could leave. One guy got blown off course and landed on the grassy area beside the runway. Was a tense moment.

I've wanted to come the last couple of weeks, but we are fostering newborn twins right now, an d Saturday morning is my turn in the barrel. Might be a few weeks.

Is the Blue Hanger breakfast still happening?

Yes, the Saturday morning breakfast at the Blue Hanger is still a weekly event. The buffet is back as well, so if your really hungry, you can fill way up.

Come on out.

Pat McDonald

Re: Saturday Breakfast at The Blue Hanger - Pate Swap Meet

Shoulda dragged some of you down to Pate with me - only $5 to park / enter.
Didn't see any Ducati singles but there were a few interesting bikes....

Attachments

• 70 Triumph 250.jpg
    70 Triumph 250.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 179
  • 65 Honda 305 Dream.jpg
    65 Honda 305 Dream.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 1960s Bridgestone 65cc.jpg
    1960s Bridgestone 65cc.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 196
Re: Saturday Breakfast at The Blue Hanger - Pate Swap Meet 2

saw some dual sports too - these may need a little work!

There was a guy from FW with a bunch of DS - had a 97 XR650 for 2 grand - low miles but 14 years old and a really nice BMW X country for $5800. He may be out there tomorrow

Attachments

• Honda 350 Scrambler.jpg
    Honda 350 Scrambler.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 184
  • Old Yamaha 250.jpg
    Old Yamaha 250.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 174
Anyone still doing the Blue Hanger on Saturdays, or is it just assumed that you know it will happen?

Yes we are still going,last week was a low turnout.about 12
Maybe becouse TMS had racing going on(people may have thought there would be traffic)

Anyway I'll be ther tomarrow

I'll be back at the Blue Hanger tomorrow as well. I haven't even washed the 3500 miles of bugs off the V-Strom. You can always check out the native bug life from other states by inspecting my windscreen

Pat McDonald

What time at the Blue Hangar does all this fun, feedin' and frivolity get started?

Wouldn't want to miss me out on some bacon:eat:

Monte

I've considered making this run many times, but I can never drag my self out of bed that early on a Saturday. Maybe this weekend...

What time at the Blue Hangar does all this fun, feedin' and frivolity get started?

Wouldn't want to miss me out on some bacon:eat:

Monte

I always thought it was 8 am,but there are people there from 7 till after 9

Hope to see you there

My first Blue Hangar Breakfast was an enjoyable outing. With no previous experience to judge, I was impressed with the number of bikes n' riders that showed up.

It was a broken cloud overcast morning with a fairly strong southerly breeze and warm temps. Made a day just fine for sitting out on the ramp cum patio while enjoying the food, fellowship and flying.

Did get me some bacon :eat: and plenty of coffee. I'll be back.

Monte

Attachments

• BlueHangar.01.jpg
    BlueHangar.01.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 192
  • BlueHangar.02.jpg
    BlueHangar.02.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 221
  • BlueHangar.03.jpg
    BlueHangar.03.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 219
I'm meeting up with a couple other Concours riders tomorrow at Dove Creek Cafe in Roanoke... hopefully I can convince them of the coolness of the airplanes for the future. :) After breakfast we're heading west for a bit of morning riding.

We had a good turn out the last few Saturdays!
Even got the wife to ride over with me on the Elefant week before last!
The Restaurant opens at 7 AM now and some are coming in a little earlier than 8 AM to beat the crowd and talk to a few pilots. DonRoger1 has some intersting comversations with some of the guys that make for an interesting breakfast conversations.

I show up usually, unless I'm occupied somewhere else and can't make it.
I get to ride 407 to I 35 so that's a plus for me!

Always nice to meet new folks.

I've enjoyed coming out the past couple weeks and meeting everyone. I may even have the wife in tow this coming Saturday, but it's a bit far for her to be a passenger so she'll be in our sporty VW Rabbit.

Oh - and I didn't mean to lift the front wheel pulling out the other day... clutch slipped ;)

See y'all Saturday!

My first visit in a long time, saw a few familiar faces from last year and other events. Even saw another PC800:clap: I saw that guy accidently pull the front wheel up on his bike and that poor lady, whose accelerator got stuck on her corvette for a moment. Glad she got it under control. :trust: Always a bunch of good people with good stories, most of them are true???

I may have cajoled a couple Connie guys out tomorrow... I should be there, then I think I'm going to do a lazy loop around Eagle Mountain Lake and then be home by noon.

Greeneyes n I are going to try and make it out. That will make two visits in like 5 years. Does that qualify us for regular status yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when i should have been doing something useful

Two visits in 5 years is hard to establish you as a regular. However, if your third visit is the same time interval from the second as the second is from the first, that is indeed one way to define "regular." :)

Anybody heading out there this weekend from the Frisco area?

Back