• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HEY Y'ALL FROM MIDLOTHIAN,TX

KTIM

Reaction score
Picked up my 1st dual-sport bike about 6 mos. ago,and starting to feel like she's ready to try some of Texas' own back roads. Pre-regitered for the
'Roll the Bones" ride in Oct. but hoping someone can show me around to some closer spots in the metroplex before then?

I've done plenty of slab in my day..looking for something a little more knobbie friendly!!

I'm riding an '06 KLR 650...green of course it's a KAWASAKI!! :rider:

Tim Barnes

Welcome neighbor! If you see a gray haired lady zooming around on a black FJR, that would be me. Hope to see you around.

Welcome to the site Tim! :wave:

Get that KLR out to Big Bend next week :trust:
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67094

Lots of DFW area folks heading that way for the event. If you don't want to ride that far you might be able to hook up with someone trailering down. It's always a good time!

Thanks for the welcome guys!!
Janet,
Isn't there a song about you,are you from Pasadena? :lol2:
I know your kind..lure me in with kindness and then blind me with the sparks from your footpegs...clever!!

Tourmeister,

Work has got me in a tizzy (good in some ways) I've ridden that area a couple times during the AMA dual-sport rides with a plated dirtbike,beautiful
area!! So..better put me down for next year on that one. I heard good things about the hill country backroads..looking to poke around there one day with a seasoned guide,or good map.

looking forward to a new type of riding!!

Tim

Welcome, from other Tim.

Hey Tim,

I work in Arlington..maybe we can get together for some dual-sport Kool-aid one day?

Was close to buying the bike you ride..until this guy let me steal his!!

Have a wheelie good weekend!!

I'm pretty much a uni-sporter - Stroms are too darned heavy to do much more than an occasional dirt road. But I know a lot of backroads in the Mansfield-Venus-Alvarado area. Always up for a ride. Where in Arlington do you work?

I work for Patterson Kia off I-20 and New York in the service dept.

I'm jammed up this weekend,but PM me and let's hook up for a ride next weekend or so (weather permitting).

thanks for the invite,

The "other" Tim

I work for Patterson Kia off I-20 and New York in the service dept.

I'm jammed up this weekend,but PM me and let's hook up for a ride next weekend or so (weather permitting).

thanks for the invite,

The "other" Tim

That would be fun.

Welcome KTIM from another neighbor. Like Tim I have a Wee-Strom and I enjoy riding a lot of the dirt / paved back roads in the area. There's a few fun gravel roads between Maypearl and Italy.

A couple of months ago I bought a 12 Sorento EX, GDI from Moritz. Happy with Moritz but I wish I had known you then.

PS. Tim, you going to come out and try the new Wee sometime? Already got 640 miles on it. Don't want to wear it out before you can try it.

@MacDaddy - What? I have to drive your new Wee? Oh, the sacrifices I make to keep my TWT friends happy. :rolleyes: Next you'll be making me eat your Blue Bell ice cream and drinking fresh ground coffee. But sure - when can I try it?

Time permitting, DFW_Warrior is probably going to put a new rear on my Strom next week, a Shinko 705. I might even be brave enough to try that one on some light gravel. The old TrailWing (Ed29 called it the DeathWing), about to come off, certainly didn't do me any favors in that department, even before it was down to its last 2/32.

MacDaddy,
Do you have any idea how hard it is to ride with my arm twisted?!?!
I'm a player for riding a new bike ANYTIME!!
Send me a PM and let me follow your dust down those gravel roads..might give me a reason to tinker. hope to see you around town.

Sharkey,
Where do you guys meet up??

Tim

Back