• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

newb.. from amarillo

Reaction score
had a bud up in tres ritos a few weeks ago that met up with a guy on here..

we have a pretty good group of single track riders here.. we ride about twice a month somewhere.. over 50 ish style riders

my bikes.

a 2014 ktm 300 xcw
a 2001 gas gas txt 80.... (was told by gg importer there were less than 10 imported... really cool, until you need a part... lol)

will put some pixs in soon... enjoying the reading..

jay

1170780_1173934905958622_9008511075855711112_n_zpsq5anstnr.jpg

ktm
KIMG0170_zpsmhswgvyc.jpg

gg txt 80

Welcome to the site! :wave:

You find plenty of other over 50 ish style riders here :-P

1170780_1173934905958622_9008511075855711112_n_zpsq5anstnr.jpg

ktm
*snip*

Hey! That's a Scamp in the background, NOT one of those nouveau ripoff Casitas that you can't see thru when towing!

I have an '84 and my daughter will get to figure out what to do with it when I'm gone.
p.s. The 5th-Wheel camper in the background wuz ol' bikey-friends from Yeller Town; WF folk were to the right.

Attachments

• Scamp Camp @ TMS, Apr '11 - 1.JPG
    Scamp Camp @ TMS, Apr '11 - 1.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Hey! That's a Scamp in the background, NOT one of those nouveau ripoff Casitas that you can't see thru when towing!

I have an '84 and my daughter will get to figure out what to do with it when I'm gone.
p.s. The 5th-Wheel camper in the background wuz ol' bikey-friends from Yeller Town; WF folk were to the right.

yeah.. I saw that scamp . that pix was after the post enduro this year.. (not one of my better races...)

cool little trailer..

this is our normal riding stuff... don't know why some guys don't go but once with us.. we are a lot of fun...

1891285_925587110801077_373331531_n_zps173bcaf8.jpg

Last edited:
... cool little trailer..

Especially with an A/C that'd handle hanging meat!

Gonna be passing thru Amarillo next month, on the way home from a ~5Kmi loop up to Nawth 'Sconsin, then Deadwood for the National KTM Boondoggle (riding an Airhead R100RT, I think), then down thru WY and CO and thru The Panhandles. Y'wanna meet up at either Boondocks or Jo Momma for a cold one with some of my ol' Bikey Buds, maybe listen to Da Boogie Men get it on and have a cold one with 'em (friends since '93)? They'd probably play "Blowup Doll" and dedicate it to YOU! :rofl:

Edit: re the pic you posted, when it comes to riding stuff like that, I'm a really good photographer . . . but, in fairness, I'm old and overweight and unskilled (only started off-roading last year, at 70) and live alone, and muh dawg can't cook worth a d**n!

Last edited:
Especially with an A/C that'd handle hanging meat!

Gonna be passing thru Amarillo next month, on the way home from a ~5Kmi loop up to Nawth 'Sconsin, then Deadwood for the National KTM Boondoggle (riding an Airhead R100RT, I think), then down thru WY and CO and thru The Panhandles. Y'wanna meet up at either Boondocks or Jo Momma for a cold one with some of my ol' Bikey Buds, maybe listen to Da Boogie Men get it on and have a cold one with 'em (friends since '93)? They'd probably play "Blowup Doll" and dedicate it to YOU! :rofl:

Edit: re the pic you posted, when it comes to riding stuff like that, I'm a really good photographer . . . but, in fairness, I'm old and overweight and unskilled (only started off-roading last year, at 70) and live alone, and muh dawg can't cook worth a d**n!

sounds like fun... let me know when you are coming.. we will try to make that work.. my wife thinks I am nuts.. too many injuries and too old, but she lets me ride.. one sunday last year, I pulled up behind 3 bmw ds's.. in Amarillo at 1p... they stopped at a restaurant, so I walked up to them.. they had left Portland OR on Friday... was in Amarillo on sunday, going to Galveston, then hug coast to florida, then back on the TAT.... man what a trip..

Welcome to TWT. I lived in Amarillo when I was still a kiddo. My dad was stationed there along time ago.

Almost bought a Scamp 5th wheel a few years back. Wish I would have they are really neat campers. KP

Welcome to TWT. I lived in Amarillo when I was still a kiddo. My dad was stationed there along time ago.

Almost bought a Scamp 5th wheel a few years back. Wish I would have they are really neat campers. KP

was he out at the air base by the airport ? we lived out there growing up.. my dad worked for bell helicopter.

the shop by my house I am pretty sure was one of the barracks they cut up and sold a long time ago.. that thing is solid..

Advertised For Sale online, Scamps last about 34 seconds! Mine's worth waaay more than it cost new, and it's anything but pristine.

was he out at the air base by the airport ? we lived out there growing up.. my dad worked for bell helicopter.

the shop by my house I am pretty sure was one of the barracks they cut up and sold a long time ago.. that thing is solid..

Not sure I was small. Do not remember ever being on post. Really do not remember that much there. I do recall a cafe that had a train that went around in a circle over head. That was really neat to see as a kid.

Not sure I was small. Do not remember ever being on post. Really do not remember that much there. I do recall a cafe that had a train that went around in a circle over head. That was really neat to see as a kid.

that was myers drumstick... chicken and yellow gravy..

yummy

You said was............so closed now?

yep.. a long time ago..

I am 53.. mom and I were talking about it a while ago.. she said last time we were in there we were around 10 ish... she was surprised we remembered it..

building is still there. has been a bar, restaurant, motorcycle dealership, but is vacant now

Guess not, but I was a groom about 31 years ago...

Welcome!

You'll hafta get a long distance steed to get ya out the panhandle and join us for a Ride To Eat or a MeetNGreet.

Back