• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Rider in Ft Worth

Thanks, all. I will be looking into the Fuzzy's M&G......and looking for beginner rides.

I know what you mean by beginning rides, at 71 that's the type of rides I do today. There is nothing worse then to show up for a ride and find out their agenda is to cover as many miles as they can at warp speed.
Best beginning ride are short rides to eat, usually to a small town and take the back roads, remembered not being pressured to go fast is the key and feeling comfortable with yourself and the bike. A good short ride in your area is to Mom's Café in Justin, or the little burger place in Greenwood, Texas, just North of Decatur about 30 miles. Since I live in NW Ft. Worth I try to ride where I'm out of the city traffic as soon as possible and I can hit the paved backroads, I'm not a big fan of the interstate, only when I have to.

trainman

I am a ET on a drill ship in the Gulf of Mexico. 21 days at work and 21 days at home or training.

How do you become an Extra Terrestrial on a drill ship?? ET phone home! :lol2:

Just pulling your leg, but have no idea what an ET really is!! Emergency technician? Electrical Technician?

Last edited:
I know what you mean by beginning rides, at 71 that's the type of rides I do today. There is nothing worse then to show up for a ride and find out their agenda is to cover as many miles as they can at warp speed.
Best beginning ride are short rides to eat, usually to a small town and take the back roads, remembered not being pressured to go fast is the key and feeling comfortable with yourself and the bike. A good short ride in your area is to Mom's Café in Justin, or the little burger place in Greenwood, Texas, just North of Decatur about 30 miles. Since I live in NW Ft. Worth I try to ride where I'm out of the city traffic as soon as possible and I can hit the paved backroads, I'm not a big fan of the interstate, only when I have to.

trainman

Me and you ... I can keep up, but prefer to look at the country-side, check out the livestock, smell the fresh cut hay or even the freshly processed hay is fine. "Smells like money" is what my Dad always said.

:rider:

I haven't explored too much around Decatur-Denton-McKinney too much. But southwest of Ft. Worth in the Weatherford-Granbury-Glen rose-Stephenville area are some really great back roads on which to get lost.

Have you seen this site?

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/

The Hammond Family started Hammond's BBQ in Glen Rose. Years ago, they sold it and the name and opened Loco Coyote. They sold it a few years ago and have recently opened a place called Roadrunners.

Its just up the road from the old Hammond's location.

Haven't tried it yet, but have heard the burgers are worth the trip.
www.roadrunnersmokehouse.com

Thanks, I knew that, only because my brother in law lives in Glen Rose, but others may not, thanks.

trainman

The Hammond Family started Hammond's BBQ in Glen Rose. Years ago, they sold it and the name and opened Loco Coyote. They sold it a few years ago and have recently opened a place called Roadrunners.

Its just up the road from the old Hammond's location.

Haven't tried it yet, but have heard the burgers are worth the trip.
www.roadrunnersmokehouse.com

So Mitch, when are we doing the Slacker Run to Roadrunners?

Traxx, glad you are here. FM 455 north of Denton is a decent road, but as others have said, the better rides are found S.W. of Ft. Worth.

Don't discount the northern part, as you picked FM 455, also 922, 677, 3206, 1655 ( n Alvord), 373, 407, and one of my favs FM4. Get north of 287 & west of 35 on a lot of FM roads they are fairly good. That area is my quick playground :) for wandering, that can be easy & slower or a little quicker for more spirited riding.

How do you become an Extra Terrestrial on a drill ship?? ET phone home! :lol2:

Just pulling your leg, but have no idea what an ET really is!! Emergency technician? Electrical Technician?

Sorry Electronics technician, I maintain shipboard and drilling electrical and electronic systems from power generation at 11kv to radio systems.

trainman

Yes Sir, this. I'm over trying to make time on the highway. Just looking for slow enjoyable rides to get in the swing of things and be able to enjoy the sights smells and sounds

Yep. I like the slacker runs that will get me out of the recliner and away from the Cheetos when the wife is at work and the kids in school

Me and you ... I can keep up, but prefer to look at the country-side, check out the livestock, smell the fresh cut hay or even the freshly processed hay is fine. "Smells like money" is what my Dad always said.

:rider:

I haven't explored too much around Decatur-Denton-McKinney too much. But southwest of Ft. Worth in the Weatherford-Granbury-Glen rose-Stephenville area are some really great back roads on which to get lost.

Have you seen this site?

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/

ok we best take some slows next slacker day. :cool2:

Been a busy week, Friday Saturday and Sunday. My son Alex and I completed the Ft Worth HD Motorcycle safety course. Monday, I got my motorcycle endorsement. Today I added around 50 miles to the bike and passed the 100mi mark on the odometer. Made my first trip to the Walmart this afternoon as well.
Since I will be out of pocket for the next 2 weeks I will have to live vicariously through you guys again.

If your around Saturday morning, there is a group that meets about 730 at the Dove Creek cafe in Roanoke for breakfast..:eat:

Welcome! I'm just south of you in Haltom City. There are good folks here.

I will defiantly make the first Saterday at Dove creek when I get home from sea.

Back