• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy All

Reaction score
From the south originally. Growing up, my Daddy always said, 'son, don't ever get a motorcycle.' He forbade me. When I was in my early 20's and had my first steady job and on my own, I hotfooted it over to the Suzuki dealership in Bowling Green, Ky and bought me a real expensive Suzuki 400. Brand spankin new and out the door for $1600 and change. This was 1980. I couldn't believe they cost so much, but I was knocking out $7.50 an hour and had to have it. Reckin I was hooked for life. It was a peppy little runner. Have had about a dozen bikes in between, several KLRs, one 900 lb Yamaha Venture, etc, but getting ready to go back to Suzuki and get me the mighty DR650. The thing's yellow mostly, reminds me of lemon meringue pie and makes me hungry, so first order will be to paint it.
Davy Crockett once told a bunch of politicians while in Ky, "you all can go to hale, I'm going to Texas." I suspect he'd gone there on a DR650 if he had the chance.
Davy

Last edited:
I got my first new cycle in 1981 and paid 1600.00 also. PE 250 Suzuki
Welcome, Davy

Back