• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

$300 full-sized lift at Harbor Tools

Texas T

LD Rider
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
LINK

91764.gif

I'd sure love to have one. It would making working on the bike so much easier.

Texas T said:
LINK

91764.gif

I'd sure love to have one. It would making working on the bike so much easier.

I do believe that my lovely wife needs to see this thread and remember that our anniversary is coming up next month. ;-) :chug:

Squidward said:
I do believe that my lovely wife needs to see this thread and remember that our anniversary is coming up next month. ;-) :chug:
My wife's b-day is next week. Do you think she would like this?
:oops: :mrgreen:

ohh ohhhh ohhhh I wantee one too!
Hmm...
Hey honey, look at this COOOL elavating plant shelf holder thingy... :mrgreen:

Edit> eeyahh.. 410Lbs shipping weight.

bring a friend to help unload it.
better yet, bring 2 or 3..

There is a harbor freight in west Ft. Worth. cool.

This page has a printable coupon that expires 7/6/05 for $10 off $100 purchase or more from Harbor Freight, that takes it from $299 to $289.

Linky

8-)

Kim

This page has a printable coupon that expires 7/6/05 for $10 off $100 purchase or more from Harbor Freight, that takes it from $299 to $289.
Hey, I'll help ya'll unload yours if ya'll help unload mine..

I think I might be gettin one for me birfday... 8-)

I got mine...
The guys at Harbor Freight said I was the second one they sold today
As soon as a couple buddys get home, I'll unload it
375 pounds..uggh..

igo-wfo said:
I got mine...
375 pounds..uggh..

Heyyyyyyyyyy Mark, why aren't you at work? I'm here suffering, you should be too! :-P

Kim

Harrgh..
Me and the wife played hooky today and went to see star wars.
I kinda figured it would be slow in our office, we got hammered with attorneys/cleints Wednesday and it was slow yesterday, so I took a little Vac to make a 4 day weekend out of it.

igo-wfo said:
I got mine...
375 pounds..uggh..
I'm sure several of us would be interested in a user report once you get it set up.

I don't care for the wheel clamp. Otherwise it looks like it would serve its purpose.

The wheel clamp is kinda cheesy but it will do I guess.
This thing comes with ZERO assembly instructions, but it is very easy to figure out.

Mine was short a few pieces of hardware, a couple washers, 1 bolt to hold one of the casters on, but not really a problem.

It's freekin' HEAVY!! get help to unload the crate if you get one,
2 people MINUMUM, more if you can get them.

It has 3 different positions you can bolt the front vice down, as well as comes with 2 U bolts you can put close to the front or about the middle to fasten tie downs to for better support.

I'll run the Futura up on it later this evening and give everybody a report on how it does.

This is not the type of tool that you would casually loan to someone, is it? :-?

Well, It seems to work pretty good.
(Thanks for the link to the manual, I guess they forgot to put one in mine)

Like it says, use the centerstand to stabilize the bike, unlike the lifts that you see in dealerships, this one doesn't have enough grunt on the front wheel vice for my taste to hold the bike upright while you strap it down.
It will only grip the bottom of the tire, not like the big shoe types on the commercial lifts.
The u bolts are nice to have to attach to if your bike doesn't have a centerstand, and you could put your bike on it rear end first and use them to hold the back down while using the centerstand to do work on the front, such as tire replacement, or work that requires you to take the front forks off and such.
The deck is diamond plate steel, and it's wide enough so I think you should be able to use a Pitbull stand(or others) under the swingarm.

I ran the Futura up on it, and it takes about 60 pumps to get to just about max working height. It sounds like a lot, but it goes up pretty fast.

It didn't take a whole lot of leg pressure to raise it either. The lower pedal is separate from the raise one, (it's the smaller one in the pics) and both slip onto square drive rods and they do not have a retention mechanisim such as a spring clip or cotter pin. It's not really an issue I think.( and it can be a plus as I will detail in a minute.)

The lowering rate even wide open is very controlled and it doesn't slam down at all. I haven't played with it much, but it seems that it would be easy to modulate by the amount of pressure you apply to the lowering pedal.

It comes with casters front and rear, the rear ones are fixed, but the front ones are swivel, and it rolls easily on a concrete garage floor.

There are 2 leveling screws at the front you use to bring the front casters off the floor to prevent it from sliding, and when I pushed the Futura up on it, it stayed in place just fine with no hint of wanting to slide across the floor.(I have an epoxy paint coating on my garage floor)

The screws have a short piece of round stock welded across the top to use to turn them. Again, not much effort required, but I might modify them to have a hex nut on top so you could use a ratchet or something like that to lower them

As far as storage, I slid it under my 97 dodge ram pickup without a problem, The highest point is the front wheel vice, and it would contact one of the cross members on my truck so I just slid the front in as close as I could to the crossmember, and pushed the back around and it was under the truck with no problem. The pedals come off very easily if space is at a premium, as well as for walking around the lift with a bike on it, but they really don't stick out that far IMO and you could probably get used to them being there pretty quickly if you want to leave them in place.

All in all, I think it will work just fine for me, and I love the fact that the crawling around on the floor days are over. yee haa.. :chug:

Texas T said:
My wife's b-day is next week. Do you think she would like this?
:oops: :mrgreen:

Sure she would.......................Have the nurse post your room number so we can visit you until they get the full body cast off. :rofl

igo-wfo said:
Thanks for the review. Now, all I have to do is find the bucks, find a truck, and find two-three strong friends next week when the wife is out of town.
:mrgreen:

Texas T said:
igo-wfo said:
Thanks for the review. Now, all I have to do is find the bucks, find a truck, and find two-three strong friends next week when the wife is out of town.

Is your bike back together enough to move it? Are you done yet? If so let's hear about the farklization results. :-D

txmedic said:
Is your bike back together enough to move it? Are you done yet? If so let's hear about the farklization results. :-D
Pftttt... not even close. Up at 5, on the road at 6, home between 6-7 with a garage steaming in 95-100+ degrees doesn't get me real inspired to work on it after work. I'm about to head out there in a few min though.

I'm thinking of adding a wall mount 110v A/C unit to my garage. :twisted:

txmedic said:
I'm thinking of adding a wall mount 110v A/C unit to my garage. :twisted:
We're not allowed to do that, so this is what I've been looking at...

Your price at BBY is about $450.

acp102pr-lg-2.jpg

It is supposed to cool a 500 sq ft room but I was actually thinking of hanging tarps from the ceiling to break the garage into two areas and just cool the one section since there are so places for the cool air to escape.
AC Link

I pulled the blower motor assmbly out of the old furnace last spring when we had the system replaced since we had put a new blower motor in the August before. I need to make a roll around frame for it and then it would be better than nothing other than an A/C unit in the garage.

I have seen some of those portable units at Sams also.

Texas T said:
igo-wfo said:

Check your PM's. I seem to be suffering from weak mind, semi-strong back disease.

Back