• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2008 VStrom 650 - <15k miles - DFW

Reaction score
Post copied directly from another forum..

I'd bet something I can't mention here that this is the cleanest 10 year old Strom on the road today. 2008 with 14,667 miles (bound to go up) and just about every **** farkle out there.

Skid plate
Center stand
Givi crash bars
Laminar lip
Rox 2" risers
Shorty aftermarket levers
Touratech off-road pegs
Led headlights
Rear spools (for whatever reason)
Luggage rack with Tusk panniers
Top box from Amazon (fits Givi monokey)
Givi monokey rear plate
Few extra aftermarket windscreens

Bike performs flawlessly and I can't tell you anything you don't already know about the Strom's reliability and capability. It's really gotten me into the ADV touring scene and I couldn't have asked for a better bike to put some serious miles on, but I've got the itch for a second gen S10 and the sale of this bike will go directly towards that cause.

In the process of washing the bike for its glamour shots, the center stand sunk into the wet grass and took a plunge on the right side. Thus breaking the OEM turn signal I had already replaced once and bending the luggage rack in, as seen in the pictures. Looks a little funny, but boxes are still removable and the exhaust was untouched. I may order a new turn signal and have it in before you ride away, but no promises. The brake lever was bent when I bought it, but never bothered to replace it as it was much less of an issue than I originally thought.

The paint and bodywork on this bike is immaculate and looks like it just rolled out of the factory.

Bike is located north of Dallas. Fly and rides are welcomed. If you want to do the shipping thing, that's up to you to orchestrate and cover the expenses. Test rides of course with cash in hand.

Asking price is $3500. All offers are welcome.

Thanks for looking
Hot diggity dog
Cut
1f90a0d1a368f174fe61d4f3aaa2e0e0.jpg
cfd9936ea3d263449dce7955329e155e.jpg
3350fa38a4c4f14d6f7f7f99a4a937eb.jpg
5125d0b71d10109a8a125209f253da8c.jpg
8924f335532e9604b026d371c7ecab90.jpg
8bfefbf63947f69d16a794f149b7f313.jpg
82ea6e8d17115cc1a15e80e4e2549c90.jpg
8afbbb089283f186d041aa06ec9388ed.jpg
c38125fe1cba882230bef16e9145467a.jpg

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Nice ... GLWS

When my Strom was wrecked a couple years ago, so many nice TWTers offered and sent me parts to put it back together.

One of those donated parts was a rear brake lever. It's yours (or the new owner's) if wanted.

I'm SW of Ft. Worth.

Nice ... GLWS

When my Strom was wrecked a couple years ago, so many nice TWTers offered and sent me parts to put it back together.

One of those donated parts was a rear brake lever. It's yours (or the new owner's) if wanted.

I'm SW of Ft. Worth.
That would be much appreciated! I'll send you a pm to work out the details

Update: New OEM turn signal has been ordered and will be installed upon receipt

Nice ... GLWS

I'm SW of Ft. Worth.
The rear brake pedal foor the 650 may be slightly different than the 1000....location of the switch I think

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

I knew they were different, but thought only in metallurgy.

I'll take a pic and post it and you can compare.

Hello, I am from Malta Europe, I will be coming to Texas next October with my partner Nadia. We would like to buy a Vstrom 650 to travel to South America.
I am really interested in this bike. I have one like it here in Malta but the shipping costs are too big.
Would it be possible to help me with the title transfer prior to coming to Texas if we agree on a sale?
We would really appreciate your time and effort. You would also be helping fellow bikers in making their dream come true :)

Thanks
Ryan & Nadia

Hello, I am from Malta Europe, I will be coming to Texas next October with my partner Nadia. We would like to buy a Vstrom 650 to travel to South America.
I am really interested in this bike. I have one like it here in Malta but the shipping costs are too big.
Would it be possible to help me with the title transfer prior to coming to Texas if we agree on a sale?
We would really appreciate your time and effort. You would also be helping fellow bikers in making their dream come true :)

Thanks
Ryan & Nadia

Welcome to the site and hope you find a good bike for your trip. Just a little advice for both you and the people selling bikes, we do occasionally see people trying to pull tricks when doing a financial transaction from another country. From what I can tell, your user account is ok, but until you've posted some more and interacted with riders here, they will be cautious about selling a bike. Please tell us more about your planned trip and where you've ridden already. I'm interested to hear about Malta. Is there much riding there? Maybe you should start a thread in the Introduction section too.

Once again, welcome to the site.

Thanks
Ryan & Nadia
Yeah, just send the money via PayPal and I'll email you the title..

https://m.facebook.com/ryan.darmanin.7

I understand that there are a lot of scams on the net. However this is not the case. I havent had the chance to update my profile here up till now. I an very busy with planning our trip. The link above is to my fb page. The photos says most about my life. I like riding anything on 2 wheels especially offroad. Touring, Mountain biking , adventure and travelling is my life. :) a page about my trip will also be launched soon. Any help is much appreciated.

Back