• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where am I? (Can you place this picture...?)

Re: Where am I?

Texas Chainsaw Massacre house? :shrug:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre house? :shrug:

No, but very funny :rider:

Hey Squeaky, how do I load directly to the site here so I don't have to point at photobucket? I looked at that gallery thing, loaded the pics and then they disappeared. :doh:

There should be an option to "attach" a file, but there are limits on the size.
Duke - can you see smugmug from work?

There should be an option to "attach" a file, but there are limits on the size.
Duke - can you see smugmug from work?

Yes... It seems that it is only PHOTOBUCKET that my office does not like.

Smugmug works great. I can even see the videos that are posted on smugmug. But not anywhere else.

Ok, here's Mike's picture clues rehosted:

264227415_6hRNy-O.jpg

264227427_yTqrH-O.jpg

Okay, gimme a day. I'll post a shot nearby, and that's the first hint ;-)

Here is the next hint: Though this place is close by, one can see young Bison roaming there, one may also canoe in the adjacent waters but must be watchful of alligators. The picture below is the saddle house.

Mike

P.S. Bison are those buffalo things that Cowboys & Indians used to hunt.

CIMG1225.jpg

Last edited:

Quotes to rehost pic...;-)
Here is the next hint: Though this place is close by, one can see young Bison roaming there, can canoe in the adjacent waters, but must be watchful of alligators. The picture below is the saddle house.

Mike

P.S. Bison are those buffalo things that Cowboys & Indians used to hunt.

264230008_e42Ny-O.jpg

Thanks Squeaky. I am also unable to upload to TWT. I also tried to create a TWT member gallery album, but to no avail.

Mike

Next hint:

The preserved/restored farm is located on a nature preserve and wetlands habitat. In addition to the Bison and alligators, one may see a variety of water fowl and birds that are typical of Gulf coast wetlands.

HOG Pen?

Hmm, maybe a VERY OLD Harley Owners Group chapter's meeting house? :doh:

Martyn's farm Armand Bayou?

Folks we have a winner! Good job Fangs! :clap:

You are now the person in control and get to post the next Where am I? location.

Folks the Armand Bayou nature preserve is a great place to visit. You will have to leave your motorcycle in the parking lot. This is a good place to stop if you are doing a day cruise in Houston to the Clear Lake Area. Here is the link http://www.abnc.org/.

Cheers,

Mike

Squeaky has my back and I thank her for it as I am out of commission. The control now goes to Squeaky. Thank you Squeaky :clap:

Ok, I'm at the reins... but I have to either find a picture that I haven't yet narrated or go somewhere and take a new one... hmm...

What's my deadline for getting a pic up?

Ok, I'm at the reins... but I have to either find a picture that I haven't yet narrated or go somewhere and take a new one... hmm...

I don't know that there's a deadline. M38A1 is the initiator, so maybe we should ask him. In any case, this is a good game :clap:

Mike

Well, I'd say with the bazillion pictures you take there's ONE somewhere in your collection that hasn't been narrated yet so go find it, post it up and let us figure out where it is. I think for the thread's lifecycle, having a picture that keeps people guessing and you providing hints along the way is much better than no pic to figure out or be viewed by others.

Remember, the intent isn't to 'stump' folks. Rather, post a picture you like, the location is reasonably accessable to the significant majority of riders, and does in fact have a high probability of being figured out by others who have ridden past that same spot and remember the object of the photo. I'm just waiting for the one I recognize, but don't remember where it is!

Besides, who cares if it gets figured out early? Then someone else gets to post a pic and we start over. Post. Guess. Repeat.

Your call..... :trust:

Ok, I'm sorry - the "twist" was lame.

Let me find a better pic and do this the right way.

Yeah, you're confused - sorry. I deleted the posts and we'll try this again.

WHERE AM I?

1319007948nxjeoui3.jpg

Back