• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Airbag jacket?? Anyone have experience with it?

Reaction score
I rode with a guy two weeks back who had one of these airbag jackets or one like it.
http://www.airprotekgear.com

He swore by it. He had unwillingly crash tested with a mishap at the end of his driveway and said it inflated before he hit the ground. I have not found anyone who's crash tested it at speed though.

Their jackets come with CE armor and the airbag. It uses the hit-air system which has been developed for quite some time now. The trip-wire triggering device requires a sufficient amount of force to engage the airbag so supposedly it won't trip if you forget to disconnect and get off the bike. You can read how it works at the Web site.

I was wondering if anyone else had experience with these or the similar products. I see it providing good impact protection but you still need leather for maximum abrasion protection.

Back