• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas Tiddlers Endurance Run - May 19, 2018

Reaction score
First Name
Lee
:pirate:
The 2018 Texas Tiddlers Endurance Run is scheduled for Saturday, May 19, 2018.

Rally central and the start/finish will be again be Boles Field Campground in the Sabine National Forest in East Texas located on FM2694 at google map coordinates 31.77246, -93.96832 which is 6.9 miles East of Shelbyville and 3.6 miles West of FM139.

Camping is available at Boles Field http://www.toledo-bend.com/national-forest/index.asp?request=boles. The nearest motels are 8 miles East at Huxley Bay Marina or 15 miles West at Center. A food truck should be at the campground for coffee, snacks & meals.

Warning: There is likely no cell phone service at Boles Field.

For a little insight re: the general structure of the Tiddler, please see info/pics from the 2017 Tiddler here: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113307

The Registration/Flyer for the 2018 Tiddler is posted below and attached as a .dpf for easier printing:

Attachments

• Texas Tiddler 2018 Registration.pdf
    233 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
From your recap of the 2017 event "a kick-start only motorcycle, a plated XR100 owned and maintained by our friends Jim & Phyllis from West Monroe, LA."

Jim let me borrow that same motorcycle for the Tiddler run at last years CASA event. It was a blast to ride, especially when I got into a speed contest with a sleeper Vespa (upgraded from a 50cc engine to 125cc's). I actually broke the 45 mph speed limit by five mph on several downhill runs. Thanks for the fun ride Jim.

I'm so old, that I remember BH (before Honda invaded the USA). I was riding my 1958, clapped out Cushman Eagle (learned why checking the the oil is important), around 1962, when a friend showed me his new 50cc Honda motorcycle. It had a small engine but it had spunk and was faster. I'm lucky to be alive. The Cushman's front brake didn't work. It never occurred to me to fix it. Those were the days of full throttle or braking hard without actually going fast.

Back country roads are perfect for this event. I'll be at this years Tiddler Run :).

Last edited:
Jim let me borrow that same motorcycle for the Tiddler run at last years CASA event. It was a blast to ride, especially when I got into a speed contest with a sleeper Vespa (upgraded from a 50cc engine to 125cc's). I actually broke the 45 mph speed limit by five mph on several downhill runs. Thanks for the fun ride Jim.

CASA event? More details please.

https://rmr4casa.com/

It's a fun event and a fund raiser for the local CASA chapter. I'm guessing the majority of the people there are members of TWT. Swampfox organized the Tiddler Ride, led the way (he was on a much faster TDub), and provided the trophies. Kat is the computer guru in charge of the web page, data collection, and whatever else will help the event thrive.

Last edited:
Registration is now open, with the flyer/registration posted and attached to the first post above.

Should you enjoy vintage and/or small (especially small vintage) motorcycles but prefer to skip the endurance part of the event, Dennis needs volunteers to assist with the scheduled (and secret) check points. :rider:

Mike, the Rich Mountain Rendezvous (RMR) in September at Queen Wilhelmena State Park is not only a great motorcycle rally, but also a fund raiser for the CASA of the Ouachitas. There was a tiddler ride at the last year's 2017 RMR (some pics here: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115412&highlight=rich+mountain&page=2). We plan to include another Tiddler to the Top in the 2018 RMR, with a Friday on&off-pavement route and a Saturday all-pavement route - a "fun run" rather than a timed/scored event. :sun:

We plan to include another Tiddler to the Top in the 2018 RMR, with a Friday on&off-pavement route and a Saturday all-pavement route - a "fun run" rather than a timed/scored event. :sun:

But there will definitely be awards at RMR! :-) I won't be able to make this ride (again), Lee. I'm working forever until after Memorial Day. THEN I can coast. I keep encouraging people with Tdubs to take on these rides because you feel like the Beastmaster for maybe the only time ever ;-)

The Tiddler fleet is coming together:

Brad has a Honda Passport up and running, and
the re-build to better-than-new for his Honda HUE is well underway:

This Honda MB5 new rests in our stable (Phyllis decided to sell it to me) :sun::

And Mrs. SwampFox is now ready to Tiddle in Class 1 on a new-to-her Zuma 50F :rider::

There are rumors of an XR100, TW200 and a couple of Louisiana 250's also in the running.

Last edited by a moderator:
So much fun!!! I'm looking forward to full tiddling reports. All that's missing on the Zuma is a basket for a puppy passenger :-D

Planning on going to this! Registration has been sent. Reservation made at local RV Park. I have a 1980 Yamaha QT50G Yamahopper I am working getting running for this. Plan is to haul the thing in back of the truck pulling our travel trailer and enjoy East Texas a bit. As well as do this crazy event!

Since my KLX 250s is on the large size and a modern piece of machinery for a tiddler, I'm going to ride it to Boles field with camping gear. It's 335 miles from my home in the pasture. I figure ten hours (avg 33 mph) to allow for R&R on my bottom and to keep the wind blast down. This will be my first long distance trip on a somewhat handicapped touring machine. Hopefully, there will be a cushman in attendance. I'd like to hear the cuff, cuff of that flathead motor again.

Kat did big miles on Q, so it must be possible. I remember seeing her gear stacked high and always wondered if it affected the handling.

Last edited:
Planning on going to this! ...1980..Yamahopper ....

Excellent! Another [1st] Class 1 rider!

So my new G310GS at 313cc would not qualify?
I was contemplating the same thing while admiring the new G310GS at the local shop. In the past, the "trophy" classes were limited to 250cc, but increased to 305cc this year to permit Honda CB77 Super Hawks, Kawasaki KZ305's and similar bike to participate. Of course, all bikes are welcome to ride in the open/support class, as several sidecarists have done.

Leon, just pull off one of the spark plug wires for the rally. You would still have plenty of oomph to drop the 100cc bikes on the uphill runs.

Yep, sure would. By the way, I rode my former KLX250S in the 1st Tiddler - where it was the newest and fastest bike in the run - other participants soon realized that the ride was just an ordinary day ride on the KLX. Eduardo & I simply ran drag carrying some tools and extra gasoline, but did find ourselves in Quicksand :sun:

Last edited by a moderator:
... I'm going to ride [KLX250S] to Boles field with camping gear. It's 335 miles from my home in the pasture....

I routinely rode my KLX on 240-300 mile day rides, so you should be OK. I do recommend a Seat Concepts seat tho - makes for a much more comfortable journey. We plan to come down in the truck - we'll try to bring an extra chair to save you some packing.

I routinely rode my KLX on 240-300 mile day rides, so you should be OK. I do recommend a Seat Concepts seat tho - makes for a much more comfortable journey. We plan to come down in the truck - we'll try to bring an extra chair to save you some packing.

I have a seat concepts seat on my CRF250L, much better than the plank it came with, but thinking of doing 300 miles on it makes my eyes water.

Kat did big miles on Q, so it must be possible. I remember seeing her gear stacked high and always wondered if it affected the handling.
You can do it!!! Even faster than Q's little legs could carry me. Go full jockey when you need an extra 5 mph. [emoji38] I think your KLX would prefer you to keep the weight lower than Q carried. Other than that, load up and go! It will be fun!

Don't forget the travel neck pillow down the back of your pants trick for added tushie cushioning. Just sayin...

Back