• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Southern Flyer Diner has re-opened

GSer

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
The Southern Flyer Diner at the Brenham Airport closed in January of 2017 due to the recession, but it has now re-opened! I have enjoyed going there for many years, and I am really glad that is has re-opened. They have good food, and it is always interesting to see the different airplanes. People have once again started flying there for lunch. My friend, Daniel, and I rode out there today for lunch and it was a great trip. I will now be going there often to help support them. I highly recommend the diner as a day-ride destination. They are open Friday, Sat., Sun. & Monday, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM.

Southern Flyer Diner
3001 Aviation Way
Brenham, TX 77833

[link not working - Admin]
http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-Ld7ZQL6/0/04bb291b/L/i-Ld7ZQL6-L.jpg

i-cvvXFhB-L.jpg

The diner is on the left, where all of the cars are parked.
i-B9npssj-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s very cool. Look forward to giving them support.

I'm not sure if anyone is riding any more. Maybe I just got dropped from the email invites as punishment for poor early summer attendance. :giveup:

I’m in if I’m available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if anyone is riding any more. Maybe I just got dropped from the email invites as punishment for poor early summer attendance. :giveup:

Just been a real busy late summer and fall for me:eek2:, I had lunch with Donnie the other day

If my bike is back together by Friday I’m in for Saturday:eat:

I enjoyed the trip so much on Friday that I rode out there again today. There was water running across Old Chappell Hill Road. After many years of riding this road it is the first time I have seen this, and it was definitely a surprise to come upon. It wasn't deep, but it was was full of slick leaves. If you go to the airport and take Old Chappell Hill Road (out of Chappell Hill) watch out for the unexpected water.

i-q763PNN-L.jpg

Back