• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MS 150 bicycle packs are out there, careful

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
No, you should be mad at anyone who blocks traffic on highways.

You mean like farmers and ranchers in tractors? ;)

They slow me down in my area way more than cyclists do. So do school buses. But I figure they all have a reason that they are out there, so I don't get fussy about it. It is shared infrastructure after all and they pay their taxes for it too. I've got more important stuff to get upset about than someone slowing me down a couple of minutes on a drive.

Bottom line is these bike rallies are typically sanctioned by the city they happen in and have approval from the local law enforcement. Most of the time, they have support from LEO's blocking intersections on their behalf.

If you want it to stop, you have to go talk to those folks. If you just want to whine about it on the Internet, well then carry on :)

I find it much easier to navigate around a pack of bicyclists than to get around 6 cruisers on a twisty road. It's the season for bicyclists, they have a right to their lane, and it's been happening for years. Adapt or exit. I don't see what the big deal is.

Dave.

Back