• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Low cost cold weather glove

Reaction score
Dont typically wear gloves, wore my Cortech GTX this morning since it was mid 30's, even with heated grips my clutch fingers were pretty cold! Ran an errand at Home Depot at lunch and saw these, $9.97 seemed worth a shot.... 40g of thinsulate, barely felt a breeze.... Wish i had grabbed a couple pair..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320456388.003303.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320456388.003303.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 197
Look good but if you don't like gloves these work great.

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/54181788@N06/6313776328/"]IMG_0614 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6044/6313776328_cb88943e3a_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@6313776328@@AMEPARAM@@cb88943e3a[/ame] by weljo2001, on Flickr

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/54181788@N06/6313776490/"]IMG_0615 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6238/6313776490_eece7e084d_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@6313776490@@AMEPARAM@@eece7e084d[/ame] by weljo2001, on Flickr

I just picked up a pair that look close to these:

Regularly $59, on sale for $30. Leather, claimed to be waterproof, with Thinsulate and a bit or armor over the knuckles. Cycle Gear in Austin had a pile of 'em, but not so many XL's. They also have a bunch of different types for ~$20...

I may be an ATTGATT nazi, but I beg you to wear gloves.

When you trip, you instinctively put your hands out. Think about what pavement will do at 30, 50, 70 mph. I would rather see a person wear nothing more than gloves if they dislike gear.

Over the last 20+ years of riding, I am VERY happy to see gear come out that is conducive to NOT bleeding out on the side of the road.

that said, Cycle Gear is your best bet for inexpensive gear

I just picked up a pair that look close to these:

Regularly $59, on sale for $30. Leather, claimed to be waterproof, with Thinsulate and a bit or armor over the knuckles. Cycle Gear in Austin had a pile of 'em, but not so many XL's. They also have a bunch of different types for ~$20...

Tell me more about these as I'm in search of better winter gloves than I have now. I've been in Cycle Gear several times but just haven't checked out the gloves lately. Are these the Bilt gloves? How are they as far as extra material on the ends of the fingers?

I was in Academy yesterday searching for gloves and no matter what size I tried on, there was always at least 1/4" of material at the end of the fingers that did nothing other than get in the way. I like the idea of ski gloves but again, there's just more material getting in the way than I like.

... I beg you to wear gloves....When you trip, you instinctively put your hands out....

Off Topic: I had purchased my first motorcycle, a Suzuki 450 twin, in 1993 while finishing up some schooling at LSU; the bike was parked in a friend's garage up here in Shreveport awaiting my return home. One morning, while eating breakfast at a McDonald's, I met on of Baton Rouge's motorcycle police fellows and asked him for advice for a new rider. His response: Get a good pair of gloves, and go right, followed by a brief discussion of novice training. OK, back to gloves....

Tell me more about these...

Yes, they are Bilt, and seem well made. Mine are less than 24 hours old, so I don't know how well they'll wear. They are 'gauntlet' length, and have velcro around the cuff and also a small velcro strap around the wrist.

Ski gloves aren't armored, are they? And the ski gloves I've had were a lot more bulky than the pair above...

Yes, they are Bilt, and seem well made. Mine are less than 24 hours old, so I don't know how well they'll wear. They are 'gauntlet' length, and have velcro around the cuff and also a small velcro strap around the wrist.

Ski gloves aren't armored, are they? And the ski gloves I've had were a lot more bulky than the pair above...

:thumb: :dude: :clap:

Looks like I'm going by CG on the way home from work today. :)

I have Olympia gloves I wear most of the time but I got some Fly MX Switch gloves for winter. They are really nice. I'd like them to be gauntlets but otherwise have no complaints about the warmth for my usual in-town riding. I don't have heated grips and I'm about to add some Tusk D-Flex handguards for extra protection. I'm sure I'd be whining heartily if I were running on highways!

Since we're talking gloves, I initially doubled up my gloves - some regular gloves with grippy palms with my riding gloves over top and someone told me never to do that. But then immediately pointed to glove liners as something to buy. Not sure I understand the argument against double-gloves?

Back