• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Member - GSXish

(minor hijack)

So the Bandit is stablemate to my ZRX1100 naked bike. I kind of want the ZRX for local stuff, and I want to try the Bandit to see how it will do on longer trips. This picture was when I bought it- it currently has the fairing and entire front end removed.
20150912_123453.jpg

Ha, I stripped the fairing off my 1250S to get closer to the look of your ZRX. Is that the 8" GS1150 headlight? I'm having a devil of a time locating one...

(Resurrecting a really old thread)
Yes, that's the Suzuki train light. My son has it on his ZRX now, and I'm back to the teeny 7" headlight... *sigh* I owed him for a favor, and he wanted it.
I had a Bandit 600 that someone had crashed the fairing off of and I resurrected... like this really old thread. It was a very fun bike.
c3f9e1bf-0d05-4f82-906f-cea475657140.jpg

I eventually did find a good rear trunk for El Bandito Grande. I picked up a used Shad 48 liter box on fleabay, and then ordered the brackets for it. The space is very addicting.
I like the Shad because you can open and close it without a key, but it's not obvious so people walking by aren't rifling through your stuff.
Bandit_with_box.jpg

The Bandit did indeed make a good road trip bike. While in Seattle for a year, I rode it with a few friends down to the Oregon coast, a 525 mile day, my longest to date.
Alas, things change and I sold the Bandit to fund my current FJR1300. But I miss the Bandit, it was a great bike. I actually bought the FJR because I like the Bandit and I wanted something similar with hard bags.
Bandit_stonehengex1200.jpg

So that was the favor that cost me the train light... my son handled the sale of the Bandit 1200 and a GS500 in Seattle to raise cash for my current flame, the FJR1300 that I have in Las Vegas.
The FJR came with bags but not a trunk, so I kept the Shad box and bought new brackets for it.
20171010_081653.jpg

Last edited:
Back