• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Shop Amazon and help support TWT -- No Longer Available

Thanks guys. Amazon doesn't make it easy to search for particular purchases. It is just one big list and I have to scan it. Since Dec 1, 67 items have been ordered and my cut on that is about $85.

Put this on 6 month recurring delivery
Bayer K9 Advantix II Flea, Tick and Mosquito Prevention

Wonder If the credit will be made for the recurring payments, probably not

Just use the link to contribute with your purchase

https://www.amazon.com/?tag=twowhetex-20

Just an FYI for those that might be curious.

The total for 2018 was right at $2400. It's been averaging around $200/month, sometimes a bit less and sometimes more (like the holidays). Of course, Uncle Sam still gets a big cut of that...

I really appreciate the folks that take the time to use the TWT link when they buy stuff from Amazon. This might actually enable me to eventually get a newer motorcycle to replace my 2007 GS :trust:

I wonder how much total revenue was purchased through Amazon for you to receive $2400? 10K?

Scott, Thx for report. You earned it this yearđź’Ş

This is also a reflection of the good economy

Hey Scott, where is this link sit normally these days? I used to see it before the upgrade. Fixing to order some stuff tonight.

So I just got an email from Amazon. They have terminated my account, without ANY warnings, because I have supposedly violated the terms of the agreement. They did not give me anything specific, just a reference to a rule that is very broad.

We reviewed your account as part of our ongoing monitoring of the Amazon Associates Program. During our review, we determined that you are not in compliance with the Operating Agreement, found here: <https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/help/operating/agreement>. The violations include the following:

-Purchases resulting from Special Links on your Site have been for personal use, resale, or commercial use, or have been made by your friends, relatives, employees, contractors, or business relations.

If you make ANY purchases using my affiliate ID link, I will NOT be getting ANY of the money from that. In fact, they won't even send me the outstanding balance of money already earned!

I am trying to appeal to find out EXACTLY what it is that I have done. Apparently, they only grant appeals in very limited cases.

In the meantime, don't use the TWT link.

just a reference to a rule that is very broad

I guess so....

Special Links on your Site have been for personal use, resale, or commercial use, or have been made by your friends, relatives, employees, contractors, or business relations.

Is there any other type of transaction that can be made?

I hate the big cyber companies with a bloody passion. I don't buy much from them, but that link was one of the only things that made purchases with them palatable to me and encouraged me to buy anything at all. I guess I won't be buying much from them in the future.

They also changed their link on Netflix to Amazon Prime instead of Amazon Videos where you could go and buy an item every once in a while. Now you have to marry them to get to the video content. I won't do that.

along with this "made by your friends, relatives, employees, contractors, or business relations."

It seems Amazon is getting less and less competitive. You can't rely on the reviews any longer due to so many fake, paid for reviews, and the number of fake, chinese knock-off items that look like the real versions make it hardly worth taking the chance.

I've installed the Wikibuy add on.

I can use Amazon's search to find parts and WB will search for a cheaper price.

So NO appeal.

They will NOT respond to any further inquiries about why the account was terminated.

It is basically just a screw you :angryfire

trying to weigh the options. This really bugs me.
I live 30 min from anything resembling reasonable retail, including grocers. Still... prefer to not have the mark of the beast.
Thoughts on Walmart being any better of a company? I know that doesn't do you any good, Tourmeister. I tried Jet once, but wasn't impressed at the time.
I guess Walmart has a $35 min for free shipping and Jet $50. Reality is... nothing is free, so it's getting made up somewhere in the profit flow.

trying to weigh the options. This really bugs me.
I live 30 min from anything resembling reasonable retail, including grocers. Still... prefer to not have the mark of the beast.
Thoughts on Walmart being any better of a company? I know that doesn't do you any good, Tourmeister. I tried Jet once, but wasn't impressed at the time.
I guess Walmart has a $35 min for free shipping and Jet $50. Reality is... nothing is free, so it's getting made up somewhere in the profit flow.
Walmart owns jet last I knew. I have used jet a few time and had no issue. I typically order Walmart and ship to the store. While the house is 20 min from Walmart, my office is not far so I just pick it up and take it back to the quiet country we're we belong.

The Amazon delivery in rural areas is typically some pot smoking kid who seems to be casing the joint. My wife had this issue a while back with them following her down our long driveway after they already gave the package to my wife. She jumped out of the car and pretend to have a gun in her purse. The car raced out of there. I don't need what they are selling generally and prefer to find it elsewhere.

Walmart owns jet last I knew. I have used jet a few time and had no issue. I typically order Walmart and ship to the store. While the house is 20 min from Walmart, my office is not far so I just pick it up and take it back to the quiet country we're we belong.

The Amazon delivery in rural areas is typically some pot smoking kid who seems to be casing the joint. My wife had this issue a while back with them following her down our long driveway after they already gave the package to my wife. She jumped out of the car and pretend to have a gun in her purse. The car raced out of there. I don't need what they are selling generally and prefer to find it elsewhere.

I find your anecdote really interesting. Amazon did not renew their contracts with FedEx and UPS. Effective June 1. By late May there were no Amazon boxes coming into our station.

As drivers, we have wondered how they would handle rural deliveries.

Back