• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2017 HONDA AFRICA TWIN DCT new price $9,500

adam1

Reaction score
She has new tires, a taller windshield, bark busters, viper gps tracker, battery tender hook up, and a throttle lock. those are about the only upgrades i made. She has 5k miles currently however I still ride around town sometimes. Price is $9500 OBO Contact cell#979-533-4720 e-mail cheatatiger@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Don't forget the ($700) OEM panniers and lightbar + aftermarket tires too.

GLWS

What is it with AT DCT owners and gray Tundras?

I know 3 people now that own both.

This automatic tranny can you put it in manual mode and let it rev out then shift it with a shifter button? I was wondering how you shift the bike.

This automatic tranny can you put it in manual mode and let it rev out then shift it with a shifter button? I was wondering how you shift the bike.

Yes. There's a whole thread here on them, but yes, you can put it in manual mode and choose when to shift.

How does this compare to other I4 adventure bikes like a bmw s1000xr for example?

The BMW S1000XR seems to be more of a sport touring motorcycle.

The Africa Twin is more of a true 50/50 bike and compares favorably to those type of bikes.

How does this compare to other I4 adventure bikes like a bmw s1000xr for example?

Seeing that is a inline 4 and the AT is a twin and the BMW has almost double HP at 160 v the 86 of the AT.

But dollar for dollar you can't beat it.

Reactions: GRU
Seeing that is a inline 4 and the AT is a twin and the BMW has almost double HP at 160 v the 86 of the AT.

But dollar for dollar you can't beat it.
dct ....... changes everything......good luck with the sale, this is a great price for a great bike.

oh i see its a inline(ish) twin cyl not a boxer or V. So its just a big bore xr650 basically with a boob job.

So similar question: how does it compare to a gs then?

oh i see its a inline(ish) twin cyl not a boxer or V. So its just a big bore xr650 basically with a boob job.

So similar question: how does it compare to a gs then?

As any ADV bike with a 21" front wheel vs. a 19", it's significantly better off road and not quite as good on road. It also is lighter, less expensive and has more suspension travel than the BMW. But...the BMW has more horsepower, cruise control, heated grips and better road manners.

If you are going to ride a fair amount off road, the Africa Twin is a great choice, if you are going to spend most of the time on road and only occasionally hit a dirt or gravel road, the BMW might be better. (then again considering a GS Adventure is around $26K out the door...... you could almost buy a Yamaha Super Ten and an AT for the cost of the BMW and have a great street oriented ADV bike and a great Dirt oriented one)

Also...in this particular case, the DCT can greatly improve the off road learning curve for someone just learning dirt as feathering the clutch while working to overcome obstacles is a skill that takes time to develop. Learning how to pick and ride a solid off road line and not having to learn the shifting / clutch at the same time is a bit easier than learning both at the same time.

That reminds me, I need to sell my 2011 GSA and buy this bike to save my hands a little work using the DCT. If interested in a trade of some shape, hit me up.

Back