• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Semi-permanent SHNF thread

Is it wet up there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wet would be an understatement :lol2:
If you ride tomorrow, wear waders. That's the worst I've ridden it out there.
I know we complain about the trails being closed when it rains a lot, but they probably should have been closed. We rode thru MANY long deep spots. I tried not to make mud holes worse than they are, and didn't dog it in the mud. The sandy areas were great though. :D. The parts of the trail that weren't under water were great, though slippery in some areas.
I've been in need of new chain and sprockets for a while, just haven't been motivated to get them. Well now I don't have a choice. After saying, "they'll make it one more ride", many times, I finally found the limit. :lol2: I discovered that a chain can stretch enough, and a sprocket wear down to a point, where the bike will no longer move forward, but instead grind over the teeth. :eek2:
I think this was sped up by the mass amounts water, mud and sand. :doh:

Yes. We started at Stublefueld and rode the balloon loop.
Ran into a few riders out there too.

Alright that's great that you will be out there too Rob. I will jump on loading up the truck, and be out there soon as I can. I bet the trails are about perfect today. Not to mention this awesome Spring weather. Surely there will be some others coming out to join us?

Glad you came out Donny, that was a great ride! all 5 of us close enough in speed to keep it interesting! See ya soon.

I could probably be convinced. Friday 4:30 or later and Saturday morning would be best for me.

I might take a ride out there on Friday, if I get the time. Saturday I am scheduled to be riding somewhere else. Went out last Sat & Sun on the east side. Rode with Rob & his family. We had a couple of very enjoyable rides, with everyone maintaining a good quick pace. Trails are almost dried up now, only the worst mud holes are still active.
I would recommend getting out there as often as possible, as we are probably now enjoying the last of our pleasant riding weather. I spent most of yesterday prepping one of my bikes, and hope to finish the next one up today. That should have me all ready to go for some great weekend riding action. Heck I'm so fired up about getting back out there that I might even be talked into riding tomorrow... if anyone else wants to meet me out there.

Yes I have my bike back under me again. Was up in the Ozarks for a couple weekend rides with it. All seems to be OK again. Might not make it out on the trails next Friday.
I plan to be at TORN races big bike practice near Decatur TX, which starts at 7:00 AM Saturday morning.

Hail & I are going out there tomorrow, plan is to be at the 1791/208 trailhead around 9:30am. If anyone else is gonna be out there, say hi. I'll be on the DR350se and he'll be on his DRZ400.

Riding on the East side yesterday was great. Little dusty but hardly any mud. Rode a small loop north of the trail head, then the bigger lake loop. More time spent on the bike yesterday than I have in a while. Pretty sore today.

Thanks for showing me around Ted!

Well 3 hours on the NW trailhead (balloon loop) and I figured out sand doesn't like me.

Pics from today;

IMG_3563_zpscc8658f0.jpg

IMG_3562_zpsbe442f85.jpg

IMG_3561_zps3ba79a1b.jpg

IMG_3560_zps15e0eb69.jpg

IMG_3559_zpsc4392515.jpg

IMG_3558_zpsbf1d9967.jpg

IMG_3557_zpsb3cd78e0.jpg

IMG_3556_zpsd1f5de3b.jpg

IMG_3554_zpsb35d34d7.jpg

Back