• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Recommended route(s) around Ft. Worth

Reaction score
Just planning ahead here. Plan to leave anytime between now and end of September depending on other people's schedules, etc.

I'll be leaving San Antonio & headed up 281. Destination is Arkansas City, KS...a little town east of I35 just north of Oklahoma border.
I'm mainly looking for some routes to get around Ft. Worth. Objective is to still make good time cause I won't be doing a lot of sightseeing. Staying off of I35 for the most part, but will probably hit it in spots just to make time. I was thinking about getting on I35 around Gainseville till I get to Ardmore area, then catch 177 north for remainder of ride.

So, anyone have some good routes around Ft. Worth? I'll post again later to see if anyone wants to meet for lunch when I get close to Ft. Worth once the trip is underway.

Thank in advance for any suggestions.

Just planning ahead here. Plan to leave anytime between now and end of September depending on other people's schedules, etc.

I'll be leaving San Antonio & headed up 281. Destination is Arkansas City, KS...a little town east of I35 just north of Oklahoma border.
I'm mainly looking for some routes to get around Ft. Worth. Objective is to still make good time cause I won't be doing a lot of sightseeing. Staying off of I35 for the most part, but will probably hit it in spots just to make time. I was thinking about getting on I35 around Gainseville till I get to Ardmore area, then catch 177 north for remainder of ride.

So, anyone have some good routes around Ft. Worth? I'll post again later to see if anyone wants to meet for lunch when I get close to Ft. Worth once the trip is underway.

Thank in advance for any suggestions.

If you want to make good time, stay on 35. Fort Worth is not that bad if you stay out of rush hour.
Freeways are not a bad thing if you want to lay down tracks.:lol2:

Other wise you could take 281 to 377 and then 820 loop around the city, but you will still come back on 35.

I don't mind the slab, so I would stick with 35.. jmho

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I don't have a problem going up I35, but I've been going that route for the past 20+ years when I make this trip in the cage. Needless to say, it's a rather boring trip, so I was just looking for routing around FTW primarily, to see some new scenery and avoid the traffic nonsense.
I always go thru FTW avoiding rush hour traffic, but lately, I've been getting the construction traffic problems. Once out of the FTW area, I can jump back on 35 if I need to make up some time.
This trip is 600 miles one way going the full blown I35 route, so I was just looking for a little diversity in some areas of the trip...primarily FTW area.

Again, thanks for the previous suggestions.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I don't have a problem going up I35, but I've been going that route for the past 20+ years when I make this trip in the cage. Needless to say, it's a rather boring trip, so I was just looking for routing around FTW primarily, to see some new scenery and avoid the traffic nonsense.
I always go thru FTW avoiding rush hour traffic, but lately, I've been getting the construction traffic problems. Once out of the FTW area, I can jump back on 35 if I need to make up some time.
This trip is 600 miles one way going the full blown I35 route, so I was just looking for a little diversity in some areas of the trip...primarily FTW area.

Again, thanks for the previous suggestions.

Sorry, thought you were in a hurry.. lol. The route Focus Frenzy gave you would be a great route then.
Have a save trip.

you could always take the I-35E route for something different!!:rofl:

Back