• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ghost Town Ride: Barstow, Texas and the Pecos Museum

TWTim

Reaction score
We brave 100-degree temperatures and ride to the ruins of the semi-ghost town of Barstow, Texas. We then head to Pecos, Texas and proceed to act like complete idiots at the West of the Pecos Museum. Buffoonery at its finest! Feel the stupid!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSTis0cg0_Y"]Crazy From The Heat: Gunfighters, Ghost Towns, and Saloon Girls [Motovlog #56] - YouTube[/ame]

That had me cracking up. Love it! I have been wanting to head out to some of these ghost towns around us. That museum was interesting as heck man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That had me cracking up. Love it! I have been wanting to head out to some of these ghost towns around us. That museum was interesting as heck man!

Thanks a million. :-D I read somewhere that Texas has over 1200 ghost towns. Judging just by what we have out here in the western part of the state, I don't doubt that number a bit.

:dude:

Of course man!
Yeah, i was talking to a coworker about your vid and he said he's been to a few. He's a big collector of old crap and said he rummaged a few things out of some of them. Not sure how LEGAL that is, but def cool. Lol!
He's the rebellious sort. "Boozfighter" sort anyways. Great guy.
Been trying to get the wife down to roll a ghost town some time. I think she would enjoy it.
Thanks again for posting that cool vid! [emoji106]?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Tim,

I saw your name mentioned in reference to the series of video stories you are publishing while you ride to various historical sites in Texas. I think you're name was printed in the Ft. Davis newspaper this spring.

:clap:

RB

Excellent content, graphics, editing and production of the video's! I'm a new subscriber. Knowing a very little about youtube, I might suggest more tags on the video's to draw more views. You have several on each video, but you could have many more, motorcycle, honda, harley, texas, your channel name, etc., get creative. Something to grab more search results and get you on the autoplay page and a few more $'s. Then also include those in the video descripton as well.

Wow! Really enjoyed your little production. You have a gift for having brought that old place back to life and a fluent style for story telling. Thank you for sharing that with all of us.:clap:

Excellent content, graphics, editing and production of the video's! I'm a new subscriber. Knowing a very little about youtube, I might suggest more tags on the video's to draw more views. You have several on each video, but you could have many more, motorcycle, honda, harley, texas, your channel name, etc., get creative. Something to grab more search results and get you on the autoplay page and a few more $'s. Then also include those in the video descripton as well.

Thanks for subscribing. Very much appreciated. Yeah, the tagging thing is kind of up in the air right now. So many ways of manipulating the audience have been linked to tags that YT has all but made them impotent. I always tag carefully, and never add anything that would conflict with the title or description, as not to lower my search rankings. It will be interesting to see how this issue pans out in the near future.

Wow! Really enjoyed your little production. You have a gift for having brought that old place back to life and a fluent style for story telling. Thank you for sharing that with all of us.:clap:

And thanks for watching. The kudos mean a lot. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Tim, I saw your name mentioned in reference to the series of video stories you are publishing while you ride to various historical sites in Texas. I think you're name was printed in the Ft. Davis newspaper this spring. :clap: RB

Wow! Very good to know. The channel was also featured in a West Texas lifestyle magazine about a month ago, so I'm glad people are finally starting to notice it. It's nice to see some attention from people in Texas, as the vast majority of viewers over the past year have been out-of-state and outside the US.

We'll be filming an episode in Fort Davis around early October, so I'll be sure to let the paper know. Thanks for the info!

Of course man! Yeah, i was talking to a coworker about your vid and he said he's been to a few. He's a big collector of old crap and said he rummaged a few things out of some of them. Not sure how LEGAL that is, but def cool. Lol! He's the rebellious sort. "Boozfighter" sort anyways. Great guy. Been trying to get the wife down to roll a ghost town some time. I think she would enjoy it. Thanks again for posting that cool vid!

My pleasure. I'm trying to get access to a few ghost towns and ruins situated on private property; namely, Upton and a few others. Anyway, be sure to let your buddy know that there are plenty of condiment bottles for the taking in Barstow! LOL.

:mrgreen:

Back